George & The Uniform

Nick sits up out of bed groggily. He lets out an obnoxious yawn. "Man, I'm tired as hell." He groans. "Staying up with Tommy and Alex was not smart."

"Well, hurry up." He hears Clay's voice scold him.

He looks over and sees Clay already dressed, messing with his hair.

"What's got you all bright eyed and bushy tailed?" Nick slides out of bed.

"My history presentation is today." Clay sighs, smoothing out his jacket.

"So?" Nick rubs an eye.

"Appearance is 5% of your grade."

Nick nods. "I... did not know that." He lets out a laugh. "Good thing I present at the end of the week."

Clay rolls his eyes. "Mhm."

Nick opens the bathroom door, only to find Tommy with his shirt unbuttoned, brushing his teeth.

"What's up Tommy." Nick greets calmly, grabbing his own toothbrush.

"Good morning boys!" His voice loud as ever.

"Good morning." The two boys return half the energy.

Alex pokes his head through the opposite door, throwing on his beanie. "Looking especially good Clay! Hot damn!"

Clay chuckles, shaking his head.

"Did you finally discover what a hair brush is?" Alex smiles at his own joke.

"His history presentation is today." Nick explains in a dramatic tone.

"Oooo big day big day." Alex walks through the bathroom and into Clay and Nick's room. "Nervous?"

Clay tightens his tie, still looking at his reflection. "Nah." He watches Alex walk up behind him, checking himself out in the mirror.

"Who's your partner?" Tommy calls, mouth covered with toothpaste suds.

"George."

"Well no shit you're not nervous." Alex laughs, clapping Clay's back. "You're like guaranteed a perfect score with that kid."

"But what if he does his dare during your presentation?" Tommy yells over Nick, and gets swatted for spitting toothpaste.

Alex raises his eyebrows. "Oh yeah, today's his last day for his dare."

Clay feels a sharp twinge of nerves spread throughout his body. There's no way George would fuck up their project without telling him beforehand, right? He doesn't really care about the outcome of the project, he just assumed George and him were closer than that.

"Maybe he will." Clay does a final swoop through his hair, looking away from the body length mirror.

"Well, he better pull off something or he's eliminated." Nick points out.

"True that." Tommy says, rinsing off his toothbrush.

"He will." Alex shrugs. "He always does. No matter how risky it is, he has always done his dare."

"True that!" Tommy repeats.

Clay's stomach twists.

Nick winces. "Dude, you don't need to talk so loud."

"I'm not doing it on purpose, it's not my fault that my vocal chords are simply superior."

"That's just another way of saying you're naturally annoying." Nick fires back.

Alex reacts. "Woooo! Nick's popping off." He smiles, slipping through the bathroom and back to his dorm.

Nick laughs as he strolls out of the bathroom.