Partying is Hard When You're in Love

Karl has been busy with Jenna.

Well, busy watching Jenna.

He barely recognized her as she caught his eye for the split second she walked by. He followed her down the hallway to say hi, but when he saw her again she was with Ben Gradle.

Fucking Ben Gradle.

Since when were they friends?

Karl leans against the wall, pretending he doesn't care. Tommy is quick to approach him.

"How we doing, mate?" He shakes Karl's shoulder.

Karl directs his eyesight away from Jenna. "Uh- great man." He smiles. "How about you? You haven't been drinking, right?"

Tommy shakes his head and puts a fist to his heart. "No sir. You will not catch this man underage drinking!" He smiles proudly.

"Atta boy." Karl chuckles, taking a drink.

Tommy eyes Karl's cup.

"Monster." He shakes it.

"Atta boy!!!" Tommy mocks.

Across the party, Ben has a hand on Jenna's waist as they bop to the upbeat song.

"I am having soooo much fun!" Jenna laughs, still very drunk.

Ben is too busy showing off to his friends with his fist in the air, shouting the lyrics.

"Ben? Can I tell you something!" Jenna puts a hand on his shoulder in an attempt to lean closer to his ear.

He stops jumping. "What's up?" He leans his ear down towards her mouth, looking around the room instead of at her.

"I like you." She continues to move to the beat of the song. "I really like you, I think you're really talented and swee-"

"I like you too." He calls back, cutting her off.

Jenna beams. "Really?"

Ben smirks and looks into her eyes. "For sure, so whaddya say, you wanna take this back to my room?"

Jenna's smile fades. "W-what?"

Ben slips his hand fully around her waist, pulling her in. "Don't be coy. I know what you're trying to do."

Jenna blinks. "And what's that?"

"I'm sorry I caught on, I'm kind of a natural at reading people." He smiles sweetly. "I mean, you come to this party dressed super hot for me, came up to me, and have been dancing with me this whole night. We both know where this was going."

Jenna furrows her eyebrows. "You thought I wanted to sleep with you?"

"Well cmon, what did you expect? That I had a little crush on you too?" Ben laughs. "I'm me and.. well you're you, Jenny-"

Jenna slaps him. Hard.

A couple people audibly react, but the music is too loud to gain the majority's attention.