{ twenty-four } bloody reunions

ابدأ من البداية

Stepping forward, she grabbed the wig from his hands and smoothed out the knots within the strands, shielding some of his body with hers so he was partially out of sight from the others and so he'd hopefully stop frantically shifting his weight. Since they were the same height, she could block most of his body, but his blonde hair was still prominently shown behind her darker color. Though, she'd long noticed that people looked the other way when she approached. Hange had said something about a 'spooky aura' she emitted, but Kira decided not to look into it when she saw Moblit speedily deny whatever they said.

"Uh," Arlert gripped at the long skirt he had to wear, his face flushed and his shoulders shaking. "I-I guess Historia and I do look kind of similar."

"No," Kira denied, picking out another knot in the wig. "You don't."

"H-huh?! But isn't that the whole point? If I can't be a good decoy, then I'll make everyone fail–"

"You share basic physical traits," Kira cut in. She held the smoothed out wig in her left hand as her right grabbed Arlert's shoulder and turned him around, ignoring his high-pitched yelp as he spun around at fast speeds thanks to her strength. "They won't look for anything more than that. It will work."

Whoever was after Eren and Historia wouldn't look passed physical traits. Luckily, the only people Kira knew would look much, much deeper than the simple outline were the people who were after her. Those were the people who'd know a cheap wig from a mere glance.

"So, you don't think I look like Historia?" Kira noticed his head was tilted down before she could hand him his wig.

With the noise of Connie stealing Jean's wig from him, and Jean pleading with the ever-so-stoic Levi that he and Eren truly had no similarities, the way Armin murmured his question would've made it difficult to hear if she hadn't already been focusing on what he would say. Thankfully, Eren's previous shouting that Jean was too ugly to portray him had paused for whatever reason, and that significantly lowered the volume in the room.

"No," Reflexively, her eyes floated over every part of his body to give her a cue of any incoming outbursts of anger. His hands tightened around the skirt he wore before they fell limply at his sides. "Do you want to look like Historia?"

"Not really," He chuckled, but it sounded forced, and his head remained looking at the floor. "I-It's not something a guy wants to hear," She focused on his hands as they flexed and relaxed repeatedly before he crossed them in front of his waist. "That he looks like a girl."

Before his fingers could touch each other, Kira used her free right hand to harshly smack his left hand away from his right and he squeaked as he flinched his hand back. She quickly turned him to her while holding his forearm. Now that he had faced her, she could see the build up of tears threatening to spill over just by blinking.

"You don't look like a girl, you're conventionally attractive," Kira told him, ignoring the way he struggled to form a protest with his anxious stuttering. "While there is a clear difference in your height, your hair along with your eye color is the same and from a distance, your build is similar," She slowly let go of his forearm as he stopped trying to splutter nonsense over what she was telling him. "This decoy plan doesn't make you any more feminine, our enemies are just too simple-minded to be detail oriented."