An-Nial-ate

A/N Don't forget to comment/vote and as always THANKS FOR READING! :)

ENJOY<3

****

Erica POV

I clutched the amulet that swung back and forth on my neck, wrapping my fingers around it protectively as I tried to slow my breathing. "N-Nial?" I asked, shakily daring to turn my head towards him as the car sped forward pushing me back into my seat as I held onto the door handle for dear life. He didn't even acknowledge me, pressing hard onto the gas and clutching the wheel tightly with his fists. I bit my lip, leaning my head back into the headrest trying to push back the tears that were threatening to escape. I closed my eyes, squeezing the door handle as we swerved roughly, making my body propell forward. I inhaled deeply, trying to watch out the window so that I'd somewhat know where he was taking me. "Nial?" I whispered again, my voice croaking on the verge of tears. "Where are you taking me?" I whimpered, turning to face him. In the rearview mirror, he looked up at me. His piercing black eyes seemed to dig straight into my soul. Was this monster hiding in my best friend all along? My heart pounded loudly in my chest when he didn't reply. I closed my eyes again, restraining my tears. One thought taunted me, echoing through my mind. They were going to kill me. I turned my head slightly, to see through the window on the trunk to confirm that Troy and his posse were still following closely behind us. "Nial," I tried to keep my voice steady. "my Mom's going to wonder where I am." I said softly, eyeing the clock. It was already past midnight, whether I made it out of here alive or not she'd fursure kill me when I'd get home. "Say something." I turned to face him. "Please." I cried.

"What do you want me to do?" He muttered, his deep voice rumbling through the car. 

"I want to know where your taking me." I shrank back into my seat, gulping uneasily. His eyes still hadn't torn off the road, he was trying to avoid looking directly at me. He didn't want to see the fear in my eyes, the fear that he was causing. I swallowed down my tears pleading with him, "Nial, you're scaring me." I whispered.

"I'm sorry, Erica." He broke through the silence, his voice sounding almost normal again. "I"m sorry you had to be brought into this."

"Brought into what?" My voice trembled. "Where are you taking me?" I repeated for the third time.

"If you just cooperate they won't hurt you." He said, as if that was supposed to comfort me.

"What are you talking about?" I raised my voice, running my fingers through my hair in frustrating as I leaned my head back against the seat.

"Don't pretend like you don't know." He growled-yes, growled-at me. 

I choked down my tears, swallowing uneasily. I bit my lip, to restrain the scream that was climbing up my throat. "What do they want from me?" I whispered. 

"I think you already know the answer to that." He muttered.

"Nial," my voice softened. If I could knock some sense into him maybe he'd turn around, rethink his actions. "ar-ar-are-" I couldn't force myself to say it. 

"Spit it out!" Nial grumbled anxiously.

"Are they going to kill me?" I asked, the words nothing more than a soft whisper. 

"Just do whatever they tell you. If you just cooperate-" I cut him off.

"Is it because of this?" I asked, yanking on the amulet around my neck.

"You never did tell me how you got that." 

"I told you!" I pleaded with him. "I found it when I was little."