Dirty Love

A/N COMMENT COMMENT COMMENT SO I Know I'm doing something right :) I LOVE feedback!

THANKS sooo much for reading :)

Enjoy.

****

Greg POV

I pulled my grey hoodie over my head, my leg shaking as I tiled my neck back against the cold plastic chair in the waiting room. I filled the time by watching the nurses shuffle nervouly back and forth, some nonchalantly sipping from the water cooler besides the front desk and others scanning over folders of paperwork. I tapped my nails against my jeans, my heart racing as each minute slowly ticked by. What would it be like, to see her again after more than a year? I gulped, closing my eyes and taking a deep breath when I heard them call impatiently, "Next." 

I quickly stood up, holding the bouquet of flowers that I had brought at my side. After sitting in the waiting room for a couple hours the daisies I had gotten her-her favorite-were going limp. I squeezed my palm around them blowing softly onto the petals which brought them back to life and returned them to full bloom. I cleared my throat, setting the daisies onto the plastic countertop besides a tray of mints. "I'm here to see Emily Whitefield." I said, as she slid the visitor's sign-in sheet over to me. I kept my eyes down as a group of police officers walked through the waiting room and scribbled a fake name on the slip of paper. "Visiting hours are almost over." The lady at the desk reminded me, peering over her round glasses to look at me. I grabbed the daisies off the desk and nodded, keeping my eyes down the entire time. "You could always come back tomorrow." She suggested, examining the fake name I had written on the sign-in sheet. 

"No thank you." I mumbled. 

"Room 403." She waved me off, leaning forward and calling, "Next."

I could barely keep myself from sprinting. Just being in the same building as her made me light up inside. I rubbed my sweaty palms on my jeans, trying to hide the smile creeping across my lips. Even among all my excitement, I couldn't help but think of someone else. I shook my head, trying to make the thought vanish. I'm here for Emily. I want to be here. So why did I have to keep reminding myself that? 

400, 401, 402... I scanned over the doors my heart beating faster and faster until I saw it. I gulped, pausing direclty in front of it. What would she say? What if she moved on? I bit my lip, contemplating turning back but that was no longer an option for me. I only had an hour with her before visiting hours were over. I raised my fist to knock, but decided against it. So I wrapped my palm around the metal door knob and twisted it slowly trying to keep my breathing even as I walked inside. I held up the bouquet so that it covered my face and kicked the door closed with my foot. 

"Hello?" Emily's voice, sweet like the daisies called out in confusion. I heard the bed sheets rustle as she adjusted herself and the soft beeping of a heart monitor that echoed against the walls. I paused once I reached the end of her bed and pulled the flowers from my face.Her crinkled forehead softened and her bright blue eyes widened, her cheeks gaining back color as her mouth parted open.

"Hello Emily." I whispered, unable to speak.

Her heart monitor started to beep louder and faster. "I-I-I don't understand..." She shook her head, setting down a book she was reading besides her. 

"You have to calm down." I rushed besides her  bed, kneeling down on the floor holding the flowers at my side. "If anyone comes in here they might reconize me." I told her and she eyed the TV monitor in the corner of the room showing the a report about another attack at a highschool. 

"I've sat in here," She looked right at me, her face softening. She reached out her hand for mine and I took it caressing it across my cheek as I breathed in her blossom perfume. "for a year watching your face on that TV." She gulped, breathing evenly so that the heart monitor slowed. She bit her lip, finding it hard to speak. "I thought I'd never see you again."