【二十五】RUPSEPO

Hikado spun the ring of keys around his pinkie finger and whistled as he walked out of the dungeon. "Well, that's done. Good job, Hikado!" he said to himself.

Tetsuki's eyes grew wide, his eyes searing with pain and horror. "YOU PROMISED! LET US OUT!" He shouted desperately, wrenching at the bars. "YOU PROMISED!" All he could feel in his heart, the seizing pull in his heart screamed at him and only one word echoed in his brain. I let her down.

His friend, Chika, stood to the side, gritting his teeth in his scowl. He'd known this would happen. He'd known it. "Damn it, you bastard!" he yelled, kicking at the wall. People in the Kuroi District never kept their promises. It was a foolish mistake to take their word for it.

Hikado burst out laughing, howling as he threw his head back. "Did... Did you seriously believe that?!" he breathed, wiping a tear from his eye. "Ha! How insolent and stupid of you!"

She dropped to her knees, trembling. Hozuki couldn't find the will to stand anymore. She'd wanted so much, to help Kudo as he'd helped her. But she'd done nothing to help. She'd let them idiotically walk into such a trap. Hozuki bit her lip, forcing the tears to disappear. Why could she do nothing but stand here like a helpless child?

When Hikado finished wiping the tears from his eyes, he grinned at them. "Alright. Since you've been oh-so kind and helpful to me, I'll give you one thing," he paused dramatically and the daring glint in his eye shone. "The Spider has name, you know. Her name is-"

.

. *

. *

. * .

.

* .

Her footsteps echoed with anxiousness as she crossed the vacant hallway. Every part of her felt like it was finally activated and she felt like she'd finally found her purpose. Reina's skin tingled with a sensation she'd never felt before, a fate she knew she'd been born for. To kill Uzuki. The one thing she'd finally begun to treasure in her life; taken away by Uzuki. Was there point in life anymore? - that had been her question before. But now, she knew that there had been one more reason for her to live. Revenge. The voice in her mind sounded bitter.

The corridor seemed to take forever to cross, towards the back. It stretched out longer than it was supposed to, the straightness curved and her vision blurred. Reina's knees buckled. No, no, no. It can't happen now. Not when I'm this close, she screamed frantically in her mind.

But something drove away the convulsion. Maybe it was the feisty desire of hers or the desperation that crumpled through her body, but no one will really ever know. Because Reina herself didn't.

Ignoring whatever was happening to her, she pushed through. The door was so close. Reina felt her fingers connect with the door and then it was pushed open, slamming against the walls beside with force. The men gaped at her, their slight pupils quivering. But Reina was too driven to care. Her legs shot out from her back and flung themselves to a target each, silencing them with death. Reina barely realised what happened, all she could see was Uzuki's leering smile.

"I was expecting Chika, but I guess you're just as good," Uzuki greeted with a smirk and held up his glass of beer. "Care for a drink, my queen?"

Reina slapped his hands away when she got close enough, and the glass shattered on the floor, echoing in the room. Her eyes were narrow, glazed in white anger. She was so blinded by anger she could not even recognise her own forceful actions. "Chika? What does he have to do with anything?" she snapped at him, his black hair slightly shadowing his eyes.

"Oh, you didn't know? They're here, my queen. Presumably looking for you, I'm not exactly sure though. Though I have to ask, how come you're here trying to kill your prison saviour?" Uzuki said.