【十九】NIGOLGN

He pushed open the doors to Chika's room and spotted him lying on a white bed, boredom displayed on his face. Tetsuki's dad hadn't come in, giving the boys the space he knew they needed. He strode across the room and stood parallel to Chika, crossing his arms.

"Come on now, stop screwing around. What happened to you?" Tetsuki chided with his usual stern voice.

"Shut up," Chika muttered sourly, "I know you're just going to tease me."

"Don't be stupid. I'm not here to do that. You came for me, so I came for you. Sorry I couldn't come earlier though," he replied, "Now tell me what happened."

The pale haired boy eyed his friend but looked away again. "No. You're just going to laugh at me. I know it."

"So I was right, then."

"Hah!?"

"You went to avenge me. Went to fight the Spider, thinking you could in. Then lost. And ended up here. How dumb will you get? I told you to leave her alone," Tetsuki scowled. "I told you to leave her alone."

Chika threw his hands up in the air with exasperation. "Gah! I can't hide anything from you, damn it! But I just go really angry at that jerk, trying to kill you after you fed her. Like what the hell is her problem?! Of course I had to go kill her!"

Tetsuki's expression softened. "I get it. But you got it all wrong. She saved me."

His eyes went wide and shot up, staring at Tetsuki. "Wh-what are you saying? You mean, I went to try and kill the person who saved your life?! But that's impossible! Sh-she's the Spider! She was meant to be the killer, not the seaviour! What are you talking about, Tetsuki?!"

He sighed and massaged the bridge of his nose. "I knew it, you just rushed on ahead without telling me and without knowing the whole story. You know how messed up that is? She saved me, Chika. There were these guys targeting and using me to get to her. I'm not sure why but they were really going to kill me when she showed up. The Spider wiped them all out but she couldn't save me without hurting me as well. This guy, he was literally wrapped all around me and she was too faraway. She lashed out one of her spider legs and saved me, Chika. Please, just don't be mad at her."

"Te-chan...? You're kidding."

"I'm not."

Chika cried out loudly in frustration and clobbered his arms down at his legs. "ARGH! I can't believe how stupid I was! Argh! I have to apologize!" Suddenly, he paused. "You know, Te-chan. She thinks she killed you."

"What? She said that to you?"

He shook his head. "No, she didn't. But I could tell, you have to trust me. And Tetsuki... she was going to kill me. She could've. But she stopped. I think the Spider stopped because of you."

"What do you mean?"

"Something tells me that she didn't want to kill me because of you. It's the same with me. If I'd just accidentally killed a Friend A, and Friend A's friend - Friend B - came to get revenge, I wouldn't kill Friend B because that would only make me feel worse about killing Friend A," Chika explained as best he could.

"What's with the Friend A, Friend B nonsense. I barely understood you," Tetsuki said, unimpressed with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh, shut up already! I'm trying to tell you, okay?! That's how I understood it, anyway," Chika huffed, frowning.

Tetsuki shook his head. "No, I get what you mean. But if it were me, I wouldn't have killed anyone in the first place."

"Oh, please!" Chika yelled, throwing his pillow to Tetsuki, who ducked it swiftly and smirked.