Working nonstop seems like the most effective therapy for me, especially after what happened in the nightclub yesterday. I don't need to be constantly reminded of how fucked up I am.

Just like tonight, I've been too caught up with all the documents even though it's the weekend. A glance at the clock in my home office lets me know that it has passed dinner time, and that's when I hear a knock on the door.

"Come in."

Nevaeh steps into the room, carrying a food tray.

"Um..." she falters, looking a bit uneasy. "I'm sorry if I disturb you. But since you didn't come out for dinner, I--" she pauses again. "I just want to bring something for you."

She's waiting, and that's when I realize that I haven't given her any answer for long seconds.

I nod, and she walks closer to my desk.

While she's approaching me, I can't help but stare at her dressed in a simple t-shirt and shorts.

It's strange, but I find that the sight is pleasing.

That thought catches me off guard.

Hold on. What am I thinking about?

I saw sexy women in elegant and revealing dresses yesterday, and I felt nothing. But right now, I see her in simple clothes and find that the sight is pleasing?

Before I can continue my absurd thoughts, Nevaeh speaks, "I've thought that you'd be hungry because you haven't had your dinner. I cooked something."

My gaze lands on the food tray she just placed on my desk. There sits a plate of chicken breast, served on a bed of buttery spinach, topped with a creamy sauce.

And I'm stunned.

Did she cook this for me?

"I was trying my Mom's new recipe," she adds, more like mumbling to herself in a low voice, as though she's embarrassed. "I don't know if it's good enough for you, but Ian said that it was okay. Ashton seemed to like it too."

My heart feels like sinking.

Oh.

So she cooked this for them too?

Of course. What the hell is wrong with my stupid brain?

"Are you..." Nevaeh falters again. "Hungry?"

Her question makes me stare dumbly at the food.

Am I hungry? Yes, I am. I'm pretty sure that my stomach growled before she knocked on the door.

But now, something seems more interesting than the food, and I don't know why.

"Yeah," is the only word I utter.

I take the fork and cut a small piece of the chicken breast. Nevaeh bends down, as though she's anticipating what I think about the food. It tastes delicious, but I can't help but get distracted by how low Nevaeh is bending down. She's unknowingly giving me a view of her cleavage that's supposed to be hidden under her loose t-shirt.

Fucking stop. Stop bending down, Nevaeh.

The muscle on my neck moves as I swallow the food.

Wait, don't stop. A little bit-- fuck.

My grip on the fork tightens, and I'm trying to keep it cool.

Goddammit. I'm fully aware that I like this compromising position a little bit too much.

When I finish munching the food, I look up, only to find Nevaeh staring down at me with a hopeful, slightly nervous look.

"How does it taste?" she asks innocently.

"Perfect," I say. "It's perfect."

A blush creeps on her cheeks before she gives me a cheerful smile. Damn. It heightens whatever is happening to my body right now.

"I'm so glad that you like it." She sighs in relief, straightening her back. "Well then, I hope you enjoy your dinner." With that said, she totters out of the room, leaving me even more dumbfounded.

I need a few seconds to adsorb what's happening before I shift my attention to what's down here between my thighs.

Fuck.

I'm having a boner.