Chapter 29

after dinner, jungkook and taehyung played with the kids for about an hour before it was bedtime for them. they said their goodnights and went to their room with misun who was going to tuck them in, while the three men ate desert in the living room.

when misun came back, she was holding a huge photo album in her hands that she put on taehyung's lap. "this has all of jungkook's pictures from the very first day he was a grown boy. i promised to hide these until he's in a serious relationship, which i think you two have. so here."

"you still have those?" jungkook said in a low, surprised voice, touching the album lightly. he took it from taehyung's lap into his, feeling misun sit right beside him. he started flipping through the pages, taehyung cooing at baby jungkook in every single picture.

taehyung giggled, "oh my god jungkook, is that you?" he pointed at a picture where about 7 year old jungkook had his hair long enough to cover his eyes, and his lips were in a pout. "i'll have you know this was a very cool haircut back in my days."

taehyung laughed at that, "i'm only two years older than you, and i can absolutely tell you that no one ever thought this haircut was cool."

"shut up." jungkook said but giggled along taehyung anyway. the latter then stopped at a picture of teen jungkook, laughing uncontrollably, "you're so cute! you wore eyeliner? i can't believe this!"

"okay shut up, you can't tell me this wasn't cool back then. i can swear i saw a picture of yours with eyeliner on." jungkook argued then whined when taehyung continued laughing, "who thought showing you these was a good idea?"

misun giggled at the two boys, "don't worry jungkook. i'm sure he has a lot of embarrassing pictures you can tease him for."

"i sure do, but he's not going to see them. there's a reason we haven't visited my family yet." taehyung said cheekily and jungkook groaned, "next weekend, we're going to daegu. no discussion."

misun smiled, looking at them as they made playful comments while flipping through jungkook's endless photos. she's more than happy to have been able to witness this. even if jungkook hasn't fully forgiven her yet, it's so good to hear his voice and to see him having fun and enjoying himself. although, he hasn't really spoken to her directly since he got here, it's still something she's very grateful for that he even came.

jungkook then stopped at a picture of him and his mum, "this was on my sixteenth birthday. my mum surprised me with a cake at the park near our house. all my friends were there too. i even got a lot of gifts on that day."

he flipped through the pages again, and all these pictures were of his birthday. he was smiling in each one of them, and hugging his mum in some. tears slowly made their way to his eyes as he looked at the pictures before he put the album down and turned to misun. "mum." he cried as he put his arms around her and hugged her, crying into her shirt. misun instantly hugged him back tightly and started crying as well. "god, jungkook. i'm so so sorry. i'm sorry for everything." she said through her tears, still hugging him. "i was a terrible mother to you and you didn't deserve that. i'm so sorry." she kept apologizing over and over again while he just put his chin on her shoulder and continued to cry. "mum.."