Chapter 8

jungkook has been here for over a month. he started hanging out around taehyung's friends, and he was thankful none of them asked him about their first encounter or about anything related to high school.

but this afternoon, he was going to hang out with taehyung alone, and that's his favorite thing to do. hanging out with taehyung was the highlight of his days. anything they did, jungkook loved. even the things he never thought he'd love doing, he just loved doing them with taehyung.

he was smiling to himself as he drove over to the latter's place and picked him up, they then drove around aimlessly before grabbing some pizza and parking the car over as they both moved to the backseat.

"you made your car super cozy. it's perfect."
taehyung commented as the backseat had a warm blanket and two pillows. jungkook had added fairy lights there because taehyung had suggested it. and on the ceiling of the car, there was a glued polaroid of them eating pizza, like they always do.

jungkook nodded, "everything i do is perfect, don't you think?"

the other chuckled, "hm, maybe." he then took a bite of his pizza and swallowed before talking again, "i've been thinking about getting a tattoo lately, but what if it hurts?"

jungkook shook his head, "it does, but it's tolerable, nothing over the top." taehyung looked at him with a gasp, "does that mean you've tried it? you have a tattoo?"

"uh, yeah i guess." jungkook said as he averted his eyes from taehyung's. "can i see? if it's okay with you."

"you're gonna think it's stupid."

"i can't even begin to think that someone like you would just get a stupid tattoo, so no."

why did jungkook love hearing that? why did his stomach do backflips? and what the hell is that? are those butterflies in there? 

he shyly smiled and his round  cheeks turned pink as he started to unbotton his shirt. when he was done, the tattoo was barely visible to taehyung, so he reached his hand out to move the shirt to the side, "is this okay?" he asked jungkook who nodded.

he moved the shirt, and the tattoo was now on full display in front of his eyes. right on jungkook's chest, were four vertical lines and an inclined one crossed over them, the five counting lines, then below them were two other vertical lines, just standing there.

he just stared at the tattoo before he heard jungkook's voice, "i told you you'd find it stupid."

taehyung then cupped jungkook's right cheek and kissed him. he kissed him so softly while tracing the tattoo with his other hand. "i might not know what it means, but i'm sure it's meaningful for you. so i don't find it stupid, i love it."

here go the butterflies again, god. jungkook pulled taehyung closer and kissed him. this kiss meant thank you. thank you for never judging me. for never asking me anything that makes me uncomfortable. for being nice to me. for treating me so well. this kiss meant a lot to jungkook, because right then and there, he realized he has fallen for taehyung. so so hard.