Chapter 6

the next morning, jungkook woke taehyung up with a cup of hot chocolate because it was cold outside. the weather has become a lot colder and he wanted the older to be warm.

then they fixed some breakfast for the two of them before they were laying down on taehyung's bed, each on his phone. while each was doing his own thing, taehyung remembered the thing he bought yesterday so he moved quickly from the bed to go get it.

once he did, he threw it on the bed which made jungkook look at the thing before looking at him, "what is this?"

"a scrapbook, duh."

jungkook nodded, "i know but like, what for?"
the older sighed, "what do you think i'm gonna do with all these polaroids we're taking? leave them laying around? nah. let's fix my scrapbook together."

it made the younger smile, "cmon, let's fix it."

an hour and a few arguments later, taehyung was finally satisfied with how it looked, and jungkook was relieved he doesn't have to listen to taehyung complaining about jungkook doing things wrong because he's jealous he doesn't have his own scrapbook, and then said he'll get him one to end his jealousy right there, and to convince jungkook to make taehyung's pretty.

a knock on taehyung's door surprised the two guys laying on the bed. taehyung got up and opened the door only to see his friends standing right there. he didn't know what to do, jungkook was inside, and he wasn't sure if he wanted them to meet him, or if he wanted to keep jungkook for himself alone.

but within seconds, his friends were walking through the door and into the living room where jungkook just walked into from the bedroom as well. taehyung's friend's- namjoon- eyes widened as soon as he saw jungkook.

"jeon jungkook?" he exclaimed, "is this really you?!"

taehyung watched that with a bit of confusion, "you know each other?" namjoon nodded, "we went to high school together, but then we heard that he dropped out and it's like he fell off the face of earth. he just completely disappeared." he said, "i'm so glad you're okay! people were spreading dark rumors ever since you left!"

taehyung then looked at jungkook, he could sense how uncomfortable the younger was just from looking at his face, then he could faintly hear jungkook's breath shorten and quicken. it scared him. he had to talk to jungkook right now.

"okay guys, make yourself at home. jungkook and i have to finish something and we'll be right back." he said as he pushed jungkook lightly by putting a little pressure on the small of the latter's back.

when he closed the bedroom door, jungkook slid down the wall and shook his head. taehyung instantly crouched down next to him and took his hands away from his face. "it's okay, jungkook. it's okay. take a deep breath, yeah?"

he received a nod.

"that's great, jungkookie. another one? deep breath. just like that, you're doing great." taehyung kept encouraging him until his breathing slowed down and was back to normal. "i'm sorry." jungkook whispered.

taehyung was barely able to hear that, but he shook his head and kissed jungkook's temple.
"you don't have to be sorry. and you don't have to worry, we don't have to talk about it. remember? we promised to not ask each other anything unless the other person wants to talk, it happened when we met, remember? i'm not gonna ask you anything about it. hell, i didn't even hear anything. did you?"

jungkook chuckled at that, "you're seriously the best. it's fucked up but i'm kinda glad you were bruised up that night because it gave me an excuse to approach you."

now it was taehyung's turn to chuckle, "you're such a dork. i'm sure you would've found something else just to start a conversation with me."

"yeah." a little laugh was followed, "i think i would have."

"wanna go back now? i'll make sure my friends don't bring that up again, okay?" taehyung said to jungkook who nodded, then they were walking out of the room together.

_____________________
i'm so happy to see y'all enjoying my book, it means a lot to me! thank you🤍
also i'm curious, why do you think jungkook disappears every now and then without a warning? i'd love to read your thoughts about it!