Chapter 13

a few days later, taehyung woke up in the middle of the night and jungkook wasn't there. he sat up in panic, looking around the room only to find no one. he got up, walked out of the room, and there jungkook was, holding his little backpack and getting ready to leave.

"jungkook." taehyung said, voice almost broken. "please wait," he pleaded. the other looked at him, hurt to see taehyung hurt.

he stood still, waiting for taehyung to come closer to him, and once he did, he held the latter close and hugged him. "why didn't you tell me you're leaving? you never did, why?"

jungkook pulled away from him just to look at him, foreheads resting against each other. "because i hate this, i hate saying goodbye to you tae."

"are you not coming back?" taehyung asked, scared, but jungkook shook his head, "of course i am, i'll always come back for you, and i'll be back before you know it. i promise."

there it goes again. taehyung relaxes after hearing that. jungkook's promises keep him at bay because they're always full filled. "okay, then. drive safely and take care of yourself. please don't worry me, tell me you're okay every now and then at least."

"fuck that, i'll do my best to text you everyday, even if it's just for a few minutes, i promise." another promise that eases taehyung into this goodbye. "okay." he leaned in, kissing jungkook. "i'll be waiting for you."

and with one more kiss to taehyung's forehead and another to his mouth, jungkook was gone.

the next day, taehyung called in sick on work, canceled his plans with his friends and just laid in his bed, crying. he wasn't sure what he was crying about, he just missed jungkook. he's spent everyday of the last two months with jungkook, but now jungkook isn't here, and he hates that.

he was looking at the pictures of him and the younger on his phone, god it sounded like he was in love, and he knows that, but he can't help it. he's the happiest when jungkook is around.

when there was a knock on his door, taehyung got up wrapped in his blanket, eyes red and puffy from crying and his hair was everywhere. when he opened the door, he saw hoseok standing there.

"oh my god taehyung, are you okay?"

when he heard that question, he just started crying again, which made hoseok walk in and hug him instantly. "let's get you to the couch."

when they sat down, hoseok asked, "wanna talk about it?"

"it's nothing really, i just miss jungkook. he has somewhere to go and he'll be gone for a while, and i just really miss him." he said, sniffling.

hoseok nodded, "the moment i saw you together with him i knew you weren't just friends, you can't be."

taehyung looked at him, "what does that have to do with anything?"

"you spent months not seeing any of us, namjoon, jin and me when you visited your family. did you cry because you missed us? i doubt it." hoseok explained. "i don't know if you're trying to keep it a secret or if you're just in denial, but i'm pretty sure you have feelings for jungkook. maybe more than just i like him kinda thing. you're probably in the L word."

taehyung was confused, "L word? what's that?"

"i'm saying you're probably in love with him, taehyung. love."

and for the next few days, that was only thing on his mind. maybe he was in love with jungkook. he didn't know if it was a good thing or a bad thing, really. he wasn't even sure if it's true.

while thinking about it, his phone vibrated in his pocket.

jungkookie:
taetae
i wanna let you know that i'm okay
so don't worry
and i really miss you
i wish you were here

and that's all it took for taehyung to be sure of his feelings. he was in love with jeon jungkook.

_____________________
just in case yall think it's too fast or something you need to remember that they've known each other for almost two years, and from the very first couple of months they liked each other, they just didn't say anything about it