❀ ᴛʜᴇ ʟ ᴡᴏʀᴅ ❀

ᴛᴜᴇᴅᴀʏ, ᴏᴄᴛᴏʙᴇʀ 8ᴛʜ, 11:30 ᴀᴍ⛅️

sephiroth sat home at his desk, getting ahead on some english work (reluctantly), when his phone buzzed.

he wasn't expecting many texts from you, as the school called the day off, you and your friends decided to go visit aerith in sector five.

he already had warned you to be careful and stay with the group, so he checked his phone anyways in case something was wrong.

y/n🧑‍🚀: vincent knows.

what? what did she-

it clicked in his brain, vincent valentine had found out about their relationship.

"shit.."

he bit on his inner cheek.

seph☕️: don't panic. if i know vincent, which i barely do, but i assume he isn't going to tell anyone?

y/n🧑‍🚀: yup. but i need to tell them at some point

seph☕️: true. don't force yourself today though just because he knows. you should do it on a less chaotic day.

y/n🧑‍🚀: okay

y/n🧑‍🚀: thanks sephi<3

seph☕️: ofc darling💞

he sighed and laid his phone down.

sephiroth knew you were probably having fun and enjoying aerith's as well as your other friends' company.

not that he was jealous or anything, maybe he was?

he missed you, that was for sure, but maybe he was just afraid..?

afraid you would leave him, as your friends would convince you to.

he wouldn't entirely blame them for making you dump him, he doesn't have a very tasteful past.

sephiroth dropped his forehead into his hands.

he thought about you and how much he really did need you.

god, you were just his light.

all of gaia probably knows it just from the way he looks at you.

he wondered what his mother would think of you, despite not even knowing what his mother was like.

seph was sure he'd never bring you over however, since his father was...well, himself.

he blinked, wondering if these thoughts had meant what he thinks it meant..

does he...does he love you?

he certainly liked you a lot, but like and love are two separate things.

he tapped his phone to check for anything new from you, and opened a snapchat you sent him just a second before.

he felt his lips contort to a smile as he looked at your silly face, sticking your tongue out, with the caption;

ik ur studying so please remember to drink some water and take breaks, goofball!<3333!!

his heart may have melted just then and there.

he chuckled and he screen-capped the photo and proceeded to add it to the album in his photos app dedicated to pictures of you or of you and him together.

he looked at the one that was his current wallpaper.

it was you snuggled up against his chest sleeping during a study hall period the two of you snuck into in the lecture hall with genesis and angeal.

the two were playing card games a few seats over while you decided you needed a nap and decided to make sephiroth your own personal pillow.

he was barely in the frame, going from the lower half of his smiling face to where you were cuddling him, practically on his lap.

he remembered how he really had to restrain himself from taking you right there on that table because of how...intimate the situation was despite you not even realizing it.

did you even want those things? he wondered.

he knew he would like to at some point, but it wasn't a necessity to him if you weren't into the idea or just are not ready.

aNYWAYS—

he sighed, pushing his hair back with one hand.

"yeah...i do love her, don't it?"