❀ ʜᴀɴᴅꜱ ❀

ᴛʜᴜʀsᴅᴀʏ, sᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 18ᴛʜ, 2:30 ᴘᴍ☀️

you both were finally sat at the café, and you sighed in relief, as the close call with the car really shook you up.

the fact that a really handsome guy that you are now having lunch with pulled you into his arms to protect you isn't very calming either, in fact, it's making you panic even more.

you sat across from each other as you shyly hid your face behind the plastic menu.

sephiroth was naturally intimidating, after all.

---

he could tell you were flustered.

he only smiled, as he found it endearing.

"so what are you thinking of getting?" he asked.

sephiroth watched you jump, "u-uhm, what?"

he laughed a little more now.

"what are you ordering?"

"oh! uhhh..that salad looks good."

he looked on his menu to see what you were getting, read it, and nodded.

"i'll get the same."

he then asked what you were drinking, which was water, and he said, to make things easier, he would also get a water.

the waiter came up and gave the two a smile.

"what would you two like?"

the server stared at you intensively, which made you sweat, "u-um..i'm gonna get the.."

"she'll have the salad."

the waiter turned to sephiroth, who pointed in the menu, "and i'll be having that as well."

"oh..'kay, then."

the server turned back to you, "let me know if you need anything."

he then proceeded to wink and then take your orders to the back.

"thanks," you sighed to the silverette in front of you, "i don't like how he was staring so closely at me."

"i could tell. don't worry though," you felt him tap your knuckles on your left hand, that was resting dangerously close to yours.

you bit your inner cheek and nodded.

after a few moments of silence, he asked, "so, why did you move to midgar?"

"wasn't my choice...no offense."

"none taken, a lot of people have their gripes with the floating city, and i certainly have my own handful."

"it's just...my parents got divorced and i was so used to living in the countryside with my mother and brother but now it's just me and my dad."

a different server came by and interrupted the conversation to drop off the waters.

he nodded, "ah, i'm sorry, y/n. that must be very hard."

"it's okay, i'm gonna have to go out in the country during the summer, and i'm honestly kinda glad to be with my dad," you shrugged and sipped your water, "what about you? what's your family like if i may ask."

sephiroth looked to the floor, "well, a lot like yours, except my mother is dead and i'm an only child."

"oh..oh sephiroth, i'm so sorry. I'm sorry for even asking-"

he cut you off, "don't apologize y/n, you didn't know, i'm not upset at you."

you look away, but you feel his hand graze the side of yours, "my father is the director of the science courses at SHINRA..he does his best, i suppose."

you nod, "that must be cool though, having your dad be a teacher at your school."

he sighed, "yeah but it also means he's constantly on my ass about my grades and extracurriculars."

"yeah i heard from..a little birdie-"

"yuffie?"

"yuffie. yuffie told me that you used to be quite the model student until you went all rogue?"

soon enough your salads were brought as well.

he chuckled lightly, "yes, i was involved in student council, i played sports, and i was in multiple extracurricular activities as well, until one day i realized that most of all that was my dad, and the only thing out of that i really enjoyed seemed to be mathletes and playing the piano."

you smiled lightly, "the piano is so lovely! it fits you.."

his cheeks flushed a little, and he proceeded to cover your hand with his, "my, my, y/n...are you flirting with me?"

you jumped back, causing your chair to shake, making a bunch of fellow customers freeze in their conversations.

"n-no!! i just.." you felt your cheeks heat as you looked down.

he leaned across the table and placed his fingertips under your chin and lifted it.

"calm down, y/n. i'm only messing with you."

he then proceeded to flick your nose.

he smiled, and thought.

'cute...'