❀ ᴅᴀɴᴄɪɴɢ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʀᴀɪɴ ❀

ʀɪᴅᴀʏ, ᴇᴘᴛᴇᴍʙᴇʀ 19ᴛʜ, 11:11 ᴀᴍ

you hummed to the music in your one earbud as you went through your locker, as sephiroth leaned against the wall of closed lockers, the other earbud in his ear.

I WANNA BE YOUR SLAVE by måneskin was playing and he was tapping his foot.

"jesus y/n, you really are a pervert."

"oh shut up."

"i'm serious, first it was maneater, now this?" he laughed, "then again i chose the playlist, but you made it."

your sigh echoed, while you two hung out in the empty hall, as he convinced you that the lunch room was boring.

you were using your mirror on the inner wall of your locker, making two loose, twin braids.

you suddenly saw him behind you, close, as sweater weather began to play.

he ran his hands through your hair undoing the braids, "h-hey! i just did-"

"this is one of my favorite songs..and i think your hair is cute when it's messy and down."

"o-ok???"

he put his face on your shoulder, his hands resting on your forearms that were hunched up, like a nervous t-rex.

"u-uhm-" you choked, "are you okay??? you're being kinda weird.."

he chuckled and pulled away from you, "sorry," he took your hand and took you towards the exit down the hall, as he paused the song with your phone, "i have an idea, c'mon."

sephiroth took you outside into the pouring rain in the senior parking lot, took off his uniform sweater and walked out away from the overhang and put his hand out, "dance with me, y/n."

you giggled, as you handed him back his earbud, and put on wait by m83, "of course."

he put his hands on your hips and your hands on his shoulders.

the senior began to rock you in his arms, slowly, soothingly, as his hair began to stick to his face and your shirts clenched to your bodies.

"suddenly you're so goofy," you laughed as he twirled you.

"always have been, just had to get to know you to be able to show it."

"you've literally known me for two weeks."

"three, actually."

your bodies seemed to get closer as he pressed his forehead on yours, the sheets of rain pouring down on the both of you.

"y/n.." he tucked a lock of hair behind your ear, "have you ever known someone for three weeks but felt like you've known them for three years?"

"you're a scoundrel," you chuckled, as you wrapped your arms around his neck.

his hands seemingly went lower on your hips.

"you're so small..." he huffed, smiling, "but so feisty..it makes you more beautiful."

you felt your face darken more, "you're a dork."

"mhm."

you two danced more, looking into each other's eye, one of the other occasionally glancing away.

teenage awkwardness ate up both of you on the inside but it couldn't keep you both from feeling a certain spark.

sephiroth put his hand on your cheek, "i think i might like you, y/n..."

but you were so lost in him as you leaned into his chest that you didn't even hear him.

"what? sorry i spaced out.."

he sighed, but smiled warmly, and kissed the top of your head, "don't worry about it, for now anyway."

your heart beat quickened at the action, "total scoundrel!!"

"yep, one hundred percent," he patted your head, "now let's go back inside.."

as he tried to open the door he found it was locked from the inside, as it was an automatically locking door.

"shit..what are we gonna do?"

"i'll just call genesis.."

'genesis? that was one of seph's friends, right?'

———

if you happen to be over 6"1 i am so sorry

and fuck you i'll make as much castlevania references as i want

and ik sephiroth's personality keeps shifting but like that's a whole part of his acting one way in front of people and another when it's just him and you now that he's comfortable.

shush ik it's a retcon