Wind Carries All the Whispers

Aaaaand welcome into another chapter. Hope you'll like it!

Cookie🍪

~Jo has left the chat~

-------------

The teen turned to the direction of the sound— and saw a single roof tile having fallen and shattered on the floor. Lloyd frowned. This never happened. 

The blond carefully ambled to the shattered tile laying on the floor. He could hear more tiles rattling and trembling up above, but he didn't let this distract him. The teen kneeled down before the tile. His curious and worried emerald eyes were studying the broken piece of the house. He pushed his glasses up the bridge of his nose to prevent them from slipping off.

Lloyd slowly and with caution stretched his hands out to pick up the tile. He held it in his hands, muttering something under his breath. He examined the piece closely, but dropped it immediately as his hand came in contact with the sharp corner of it which cut a wound on his palm.

"Ow." Lloyd winced and drew his hand back, gazing at the fresh cut on his palm over the broken pieces of ceramic. 

The teen's attention was drawn to the floor when he noticed the floor tiles beginning to quake like wind was blowing on them from underground. It wasn't the same kind of bouncing as when the casita tried to get one of the residents to hurry up or tried to move an empty yogurt can to the trash bin after Kai having lazily thrown it on the floor. No, this was like— trembling?

"Casita?" Lloyd whispered as he reached for the trembling floor tiles. He hesitated to touch them in the insecurity of not knowing what was causing all of this. The atmosphere felt cold and heavy, which Lloyd could not explain. It was making him restless.

As Lloyd's was just about to set his hand down on the floor tile, a crack appeared on it. This caused the blond to pull his hand back with a shocked gasp. The cracks spread across the courtyard. Lloyd saw the cracks leaking to a short flight of steps and continuing their way forward in the casita

Lloyd quickly stood up and followed the cracks down to another staircase, where the framed picture of his grandmother hung on the wall alongside the small lanterns. The cracks continued across the wall behind the portrait. The teen ran upstairs after them, seeing them spreading along the rafters and stucco.

Panic rose up inside of Lloyd as he watched his home break. The walls, the ceiling, everything was cracking up. He saw the cracks trail behind the twinkling, magical doors of Kai, Misako and Zane. Lloyd turned around to see them extending past the other magical doors as well. 

The cracks ran all the way up from the breezeway toward the third floor where they converged upon the window with the candle. The light of the magical candle dimmed. At the same exact moment, all of the magical doors began to flicker and lose their golden light.

Lloyd's eyes grew wide at the sight of the flame of the candle starting to falter. This was not good.

~~~🏮~~~

The upbeat music was playing to lift everyone's mood to the skies. A couple of men were beating their hands on bongo drums to give the music a traditional rhythm. All the partygoers were cheering and dancing in Jay's new room, having a blast. 

In the centre of the room, Misako and Wu were dancing to the traditional Latin music. The First Spinjitzu Master was watching them from the side. He wasn't such a dancer himself. He rather watched his family and the guests dance and Kai doing whatever it was that reminded dancing. It just warmed his heart to see his whole family so happy.