72 | Sooth

| Chris' POV |

A long conversation lead to just silence. Silence for me to sulk in... I sat on the couch and thought over and over about what the fuck will happen. Devin didn't say anything. He just sat there and bit his tongue, like a good friend. He did owe me, considering I kept my peace after his fist fight last night.

In the silence, I heard a soft whimpering coming from the bunks. I closed my eyes to sigh, as my hand rested over my mouth. My heart was slowly ripping in my chest as I listened to. I slowly got up and walked towards the noise. Goddamn it, Ricky has my heart more than he'll ever know.

I opened his bunk curtain slowly, seeing him hunched in a ball. He was whimpering and sobbing, my poor angel... I rubbed my hand down his arm, but he didn't move. "You heard me, didn't you?" I whispered.

"Yeah." He choked out.

I gently put my arms around his fail body and pulled him from his bunk. Ricky clung to me for dear life as I held him in my arms. I sunk down to the floor. My sweet angel cried in my arms. He had no idea how much this hurt me to hear, and to feel. I could feel him shaking as his spine and chest hitched from his heavy crying.

The baby started to cry from her crib, which was technically a bunk made into a crib. Devin rushed back and picked her up. Obviously he didn't want Shiloh to wake up, but it didn't matter. Shi woke up anyways, and groggily climbed out of his bunk.

"Good morning, sleepyhead." Devin muttered to him.

Shiloh was still mad at him, so he just gave him a dirty look and grabbed the baby. "She needs a bottle." He muttered and walked to the front of the bus.

Devin sighed as he watched him leave. He knelt down and began to help me calm Ricky down. Dev shushed him and kissed his forehead. "It's okay, Ricky. We won't let that man get close to you, let alone touch you."

"I would never. I'd kill him if he touched you. Shhh, it's okay, beautiful. It's okay." I said.

"I'm going to go talk to Shi." Dev whispered, and I nodded.

I started to rock Ricky in my arms to calm him down. Nothing was working, but can you blame him? He just found out his abuser, who was looking for vengeance against him, was now free to come for his life. I'd be scared too. I am scared, because I don't want to lose what is the most precious thing to me. He is priceless, perfect, my perfect angel.

I kissed him sweetly, and tried the one thing I had left to do. I closed my eyes, rested my forehead against his, and used my voice to sooth him.

"Paralyzed by my envy of the night

I am lost without you here and outside it looks like rain

For the last time, I bleed myself dry tonight

And nothing I could ever write, would help you understand this life

There's so much beauty when your eyes lay lost in all the city lights

The wax will drip as so as blood, romance is dead and all is lust.

You are the water in my lungs, we've lost it.

We are all alone."