47 | Abusable

| Chris' POV |

I could see it now. Devin was about to rip on me for everything I already knew. He's overprotective of Ricky. We all are, but Devin is the one that'll kill anyone that lays a hand on him it makes him upset.

Ricky walked back to his bunk. Once he was settled, Devin shut the door leading back there, and he turned to me. He stared, arms crossed. "Well?"

"What?!" I snapped grumpily.

He growled under his breath, suddenly raising his voice. "Explain to me why you just made Ricky cry and have an anxiety attack?!"

"He wasn't-"

"Yes, he was! Need I remind you that I'm the one that he used to crawl into my bunk when he had those anxiety attacks? I know what they look like. And you know he was crying. You saw that yourself."

I sighed and fell down on the couch. Devin sat down next to me as I attempted to explain. "He came home an hour and a half late. Blamed it on the weather which would have been believable until I found out where he really was. He went to visit Jani in prison. I got angry, because I couldn't believe that he lied to me. I grabbed him, but then I saw those beautiful eyes and couldn't stay mad, so I kissed him. He didn't kiss back and that's when he started crying. He said I was acting like Jani."

"Which you were."

"No I wasn't!" I snapped.

"Yes you were! You have such a fucking obsession with control! You're a control freak, Chris. You can't do that though to someone that-" He paused as he looked at me, and lowered his voice. "Wait, wait. Did you say you kissed him?"

I looked down at the ground and bounced my leg nervously. "Yes."

"Was this the first time? Since New Years?"

"...Noo." I admitted like a little toddler that had just been caught.

"Start from the beginning." Devin said.

"When we got home from the band anniversary dinner, I went to go see him in private. I couldn't stop thinking about what Angelo told me, that Ricky needed help. Somehow talking it out lead to me... waking up in his bed."

"You slept with Ricky?" He whispered in shock.

"Please don't tell the others, but after that night, him and I started seeing each other."

"Then you can't act like this, Chris. He's very fragile, especially after someone has beaten him so terribly." Devin stressed to me.

"But what am I supposed to do when he doesn't listen like this?!"

"Bite your tongue!" He sneered. "Do it, or I'll cut your tongue out of your mouth."

I narrowed my eyes at him. He stayed stoned faced, obviously not caring about my anger. I sighed and knew he was very right. I can't hurt Ricky like this at all. Devin was right, he was all too fragile for me to be acting this stupid and stubborn.

"I'll be right back." I said as I stood up.

"No. Don't go apologize right now." Devin replied as he grabbed my wrist. "That's what Jani did. He would hit Ricky, then apologize then minutes later. Wait until Ricky is comfortable enough to come around you."

"I just don't like knowing he's upset because of me." I muttered.

"Look, you both need some sleep. I'm going back to bed myself."

"But-"

"Get some rest, Chris."