64 | Protection

| Chris' POV |

Ricky and I were laying together. His head rested on my chest. I felt so content with him in my arms. We were watching a horror movie on the small TV in my bunk. Of course the jump scares were getting him every time. I've seen this movie before, so I wasn't scared at all. I found it really fucking adorable, the way he held on to me. 

"I can turn this off if it's too much." I told him.

"N-no, it's fine." Ricky smiled, but it was small.

I kissed the top of his head. He cuddled up to me even more. Ricky jumped again, and I wrapped my arm around him tightly. He was so cute, even when he was scared. Ricky was just precious. I wanted to protect him. Whether it be from a scary movie, or from someone trying to hurt him, like Jani.

It's been six months since Jani went to jail. That means there's only thirty months until he gets out. It sounds like a lot, but that's not. Time flies. What's going to happen when he does get out of prison? Will he move on, or come after Ricky? Will I be able to protect him? God, I'd like to hope I can.

And then I have to worry about what's going on right now. I doubt we'll manage to do all of Warped without running into TJ. I don't want him to touch Ricky, or Shiloh for that matter. I doubt I could prevent that from happening. I may be able to throw a few punches, but I don't prefer to fight. I will, however, put TJ's teeth through the back of his head if he does try anything. Same goes for Ashley, or anyone else that dares hurt my family.

~~~

| Ricky's POV |

We had already played. The show was amazing! This crowd is insane! I enjoyed doing signings, meeting fans. Even if some people were rude, most were nice. I decided to go watch Asking Alexandria's set. It's nice to watch from side stage. I was the only one that decided to come out though, but I didn't mind being alone. 

I jumped a bit when I felt someone's hand on my back, followed by a chilling voice in my ear. "Long time, no see." TJ shouted in my ear over the boom of speakers. 

I glanced over at him, and lightly pushed his hand away from me. I gave him a small smile to tell him it made me uncomfortable. He didn't look too happy. I heard AA's front man say thank you to the crowd, and the band flooded into the wings of the stage. Thank God, because it broke TJ away from me. 

While he was pulled away from me, I used the opportunity to run away. I almost fell when I went down the ramp on the side of the stage, but I was so eager to get out of there. As I was scurrying away, I accidentally ran into someone's strong chest. I fell on the pavement, groaning at the pain it caused me. 

"Whoa... Are you okay?" A familiar British accent spoke. I looked up, seeing Jacky Vincent as my hair fell back into place. "Ricky?" He somewhat gasped. 

"H-hi Jacky." I mumbled, staring at him. 

"I'm so sorry." He knelt down and helped me to my feet.

"It's not your fault. I was the one running." I replied.

He sighed as he looked beyond me. "Why were you running?"

"Just... wanted to get away from someone I didn't want to be around. Sorry for running into you. I need to get back to my bus." 

"Let me escort you, at least." Jacky said. "I wouldn't feel okay letting you walk alone when someone is after you." 

I accepted his offer, only because I knew Chris wouldn't be happy to know I didn't take someone's offer to protect me. He doesn't like me walking alone at all. It would've been a stupid decision to not let Jacky walk me. Especially after my history with TJ. He's tried to make passes at me before, but Jani always stopped him before. I'm sure he knows Jani and I broke up. This was just for the best, and I felt comfortable around Jacky.