♡ Chapter 18 ♡

˚ Your safety ˚

"What....do you mean?" Akari stuttered out.

Sora and Shoto exchanged questioning glances towards each other, meanwhile Katsuki had a frown on his face.

"There was a loud crash upstairs, and I heard her scream. But when I went upstairs, she was gone!" The young boy cried out.

The faint jingle of a bell could be heard as the cafe's front door swung open gently. The ash-blonde looked up, eyes narrowing at the figure standing in the doorway. A tall man in a tuxedo gazed at the people drinking coffee and chatting away with their acquaintances. However, he wore a dark hoodie over top, hood covering his face as he slouched slightly, hands placed in his pockets. The rest of the group was too focused on Haru at the moment to notice the odd male, but Katsuki was very aware of the tight, uneasiness spilling throughout his entire body. The unknown man stepped forward, a wide sadistic grin stretching across his pale face, that now revealed two bright blue eyes. Katsuki's carmine hues widened, taking hold of Akari and Haru's wrists.

"We have to leave. Now."

"Is everything okay...?" The dark brown haired girl asked in concern.

The short haired female followed Katsuki's line of vision, flinching from the sight as she felt her stomach drop, a sick feeling coursing through her veins.

"There's no time to explain. Just go!" The spiky haired boy said sternly, taking Haru into his arms, all while keeping a firm grip on Akari's hand.

The confused couple followed the three as quickly as they could towards the back exit. Even though Shoto and Sora had no idea what was happening, it was obvious that something was wrong just by looking at their friend's faces. Exiting the cafe, they didn't stop running. Akari and Katsuki knew that the best thing to do at the moment was to get as far away as possible from this man. The group kept going at their current pace until they came to an abrupt stop. Taking in their surroundings, they found themselves in a closed off alleyway. Heavy breathing was all that could be heard in the secluded area.

"Guys, what's going on!?" The heterochromatic boy breathed out.

"Who was that, and why are we running from him?" Sora continued, whipping the sweat of her brow.

"I-"

"You really thought you could outrun me, huh?" Someone laughed.

All five heads snapped towards the voice, only to see the same man from before leaning against the wall. Although something was slightly different than before. His bright blue eyes were glowing brightly in the shadowy alleyway, as were certain parts of his body.

"He used his quirk.....he glitched here. But that's-" Akari breathed out.

"Impossible?" He finished.

The group grew silent, hearts pounding wildly against their chests, eyes fixated on the adult before them.

"Well my dear, it seems that you're not as bright as I assumed you to be. Oh well, that's not exactly a big factor. And you, blondie! You do remember what I promised last time we met, hm?" His mocking voice dripped with insanity and bloodshed, sending chills down the teenager's spines.

Katsuki's breath hitched in his throat, brows twitching slightly. He placed Haru down beside his sister gently, before standing in front of the two siblings protectively.

"Hm....how amusing. It'll be even more pleasurable to kill you now that I know you and my daughter are in love." He said, his grin only growing wider the more he spoke.