♡ Chapter 16 ♡

˚ Odd ˚

The villain attack ended shortly after All Might showed up. He took a shit ton of damage however, but beat the villains nonetheless with help from a few other pro heroes. Akari and some other students got checked over, but luckily no one was too injured amongst the students. Teachers on the other hand, was a different story. Shota Aizawa had severe, almost deadly injuries that littered his entire body. If this were any normal person, they would have little chance of survival. The students were told to go home and reassure their parents that everyone was okay. Akari and Katsuki made their way home on foot as usual, not too fond of the bullet train anymore.

"Are you sure you're okay? I know that you lie sometimes to not seem like a burden." The tall boy questioned, his calloused hand tightening the grip on her smaller one.

"I told you, I'm fine. I just passed out for a few minutes, nothing too serious."

"Yeah but you weren't breathing! Any longer and you could have died. I can't let that happen."

The short haired female sighed, smiling softly at his concern, before her rosy lips twitched into a frown.

"I was really no help today. My quirk isn't good at all. I couldn't even save myself! How am I supposed to save others?" Akari breathed out.

"Akari I swear to god, your confidence is shi- Uh, Haru?"

The little boy's green eyes glanced up towards the pair of teenagers, widening. He stood up abruptly from the front step, and ran towards the couple as fast as his legs could carry him. Haru wrapped his arms around Akari's waist tightly, nuzzling his freckled face into her shirt.

"I saw what happened on the news. I was so worried." The faded-brown haired boy sniffled.

"Oh Haru, we're fine! But erm...why were you on the front step?" The blue eyed teenager spoke softly, running her fingers through his wavy locks.

"I was waiting for you guys..."

Katsuki let a small smile grace his stern features, glancing towards the house. However, his carmine hues narrowed at the sight of the lights in the house turning on.

"Haru, do you have any friends over?" The ash-blonde asked sternly.

The smaller boy shook his head, confused on why that mattered at the moment. Akari glanced towards the house, baby blue eyes widening.

"Stay...behind me." Katsuki mumbled, taking hold of Akari's cold hand once again.

The trio walked towards the front door cautiously, peering through the window. The spiky haired boy let out a small gasp, opening the door. Haru and Akari peeked through the entrance from behind his broad shoulders, eyes widening at the sight.

"Mom?!" The two siblings exclaimed in usion.

"Oh! I was wondering why you guys weren't here already! Hello Katsuki." Emino spoke softly, opening her arms and greeting Haru with a tight hug.

Katsuki nodded in acknowledgment, turning towards the short girl beside him, taking notice of the frown present on her face.

"Mom....where were you. You haven't been home for over a week!" Akari stuttered out.

The green eyed woman sighed, looking down towards the boy in her arms. She seemed to be lost for words, guilt shining through her eyes.

"There was a high paying job opportunity, but it was all the way in Tokyo. It was too much of a good offer to pass, I'm so sorry I kept you both waiting for so long." Emino spoke softly, almost whisper-like.

"But you could have told us! Or called, or anything! So much has happened while you weren't here, most of it I was barely able to handle." The short, wavy haired girl exclaimed, much louder this time.

"I was in a difficult situation and wasn't able to contact any of you. I really am so-"

"Mom....dad came back. He's not dead." Haru mumbled, eyes glossing over with tears at the memory.

The long haired woman stared down at her son in disbelief. She opened and closed her mouth a few times, unable to form a proper sentence.

"He's telling the truth." Akari mumbled, looking down at the floor.

"Stop it. Don't joke about stuff like that. People can't come back from the dead!"

"They're telling the truth, Mrs. Koharu. I was there. And he definitely isn't a hero anymore. Actually, I don't even know if he ever was." Katsuki retorted sternly.

"I don't know what you guys are talking about-"

"Your kids could have died! He's very much alive, and I'm pretty sure he's a serial killer. Hell, I even got death threats!"

Emino's breath hitched in her throat, brows twitching. Fear washed over her soft features, much like Akari's. Katsuki's ruby eyes narrowed towards the older woman. Something seemed....off. This whole situation was quite odd in fact. The tall boy has had his suspicions about the love of his life's mother for a while now, but couldn't bring himself to mention it. But now, this was just confirming his thoughts.

"I don't want to hear anymore. You know that's....impossible."

"Is it though?"

"What..?" Emino questioned her daughter.

"We've never actually seen proof he died. All we know is what you've told us." Akari stated sternly, trying her hardest to hide the tears forming in her bright blue eyes.

"That's.....ridiculous. Why would I lie about something like that?"

"To hide the fact that he's actually a villain!?" The short teenager shouted.

"HE ISN'T A VILLAIN!"

Katsuki, Haru and Akari's eyes all widened at her sudden outburst. Her long, faded-brown hair whipped behind her as she marched up stairs, obviously extremely upset with her children at the moment. Akari dropped down to her knees, trying to control the shakiness in her hands, and the sudden feeling of anxiety shooting through her entire body.

"I've done so much for her....all on my own. And she couldn't even try to believe us." The young girl let out a breathy laugh, despite the hot, salty tears dripping down her flushed cheeks.

"Hey...it'll be alright. She just needs....space." Katsuki mumbled, crouching down beside her and rubbing soothing circles on her back.

But he knew. Nothing about this made any sense. However, Katsuki couldn't find the courage to say anything at the moment. His concern was the girl beside him, the one he loved so dearly. And he hated to see her in this mess. The two siblings he knew all too well didn't deserve any of this. No one deserves this kind of treatment.

But fate just wasn't on their side it seemed.