♡ Prologue ♡

˚ ⋆Innocence⋆ ˚

The morning sun peeked through silky gray curtains, awakening a young boy. Sleep still present in his eyes, he could just barely make out the 8:06 am displayed on his digital alarm clock. He sat up slowly, and ran a hand through his messy ash-blond locks. Seeming to recall something, the boy hopped out of bed, and ran up to his window. While opening it, a small plastic cup full of rocks almost tipped over. Taking notice of this, he steadied the cup, took hold of one of the small pebbles, and threw it outside. With a small thud it hit the window across from him, or more specifically; his neighbor's house.

"Akari!" He shouted. No response.

As he was about to throw another pebble, there was a sudden click and the window across from him opened, revealing a tired looking girl.

"Katsuki, why on earth are you waking me up this early on a Saturday morning?" She said while rubbing the obvious tiredness from her eyes.

Katsuki grumbled, rolling his eyes.

"Don't tell me you forgot already! We planned to go to the creak today!"

This seemed to catch her attention, as her bright blue eyes widened. And before he could say anything else, she already bolted away from the window. Understanding what she was doing, Katsuki slammed his window shut and jogged over to his wooden dresser. He grabbed the first pairs of clothing he saw; a black t-shirt and army green cargo shorts, and slipped them on while discarding the pyjamas he previously had on.  His small scuffed up legs carried him down the staircase, skipping a step or two, and landing with a quiet thud on the dark wood floor boards.

"Going to the creak with Akari! Kay', love you, bye!" Katsuki shouted as he lazily slipped on his white sneakers, leaving them untied.

A tall woman with similar spiky ash-blonde hair, peeked out of the kitchen. She scoffed, then proceeded to make her way towards her son.

"Hold on now, you haven't even eaten breakfast yet! And when will you be back?" She said sternly.

"Mooooooom!"

"You aren't leaving until you take something to eat, and that's final. Take one for Akari too." She said, handing him two plastic sacs with peanut butter sandwiches.

"Okay okay! Can I go now?" He whined.

His mother let an airy breath leave her nose, before she nodded.

"Be back before dinner, and be careful!"

"I will, bye!" Katsuki replied, running out the front door and into the driveway.

Cutting through both front yards, he quickly made it infront of Akari's front door, and knocked twice with eagerness. Barely even a second passed when it opened, revealing a woman with long, faded-brown hair and bright green eyes.

"Oh! Good morning Katsuki. Akari is  just finishing getting dressed, I think."

She opened the door wider while stepping aside, letting the young boy in the house. Continuous thumping could be heard from upstairs, as well as a few doors opening and closing.

"So Kat, where are you two off to today?"

"The creak." He replied, while walking through the house freely. 

Akari and Katsuki's mothers, Mitsuki and Emino, have been friends since high school, so the two children have been raised together. So this is normal behavior for each other to randomly roam around freely in the other's home.