♡ Chapter 7 ♡

˚ Comfort, for now ˚

That night when Katsuki got home, he slammed the front door closed as hard as he could, and inhaled sharply. Running a calloused hand through his spiky locks, Katsuki could feel the heat emitting from his face.

Dammit, that woman is going to be the death of me.

He raced up the staircase, trying to avoid any social interactions at the moment. But that hope was lost when he opened his bedroom door. There sat Haru on Katsuki's bed, chin resting on his scuffed up knees.

"What the hell are you doing he-"

He stopped yelling abruptly, taking notice of the tears streaming down the boy's freckled cheeks.

"Whoa there kid, what the hell happened?"

Haru merely tilted his head towards the teenage boy slightly, not responding. Katsuki sighed in defeat, placing his bag down and taking off his blazer, tossing it somewhere. He flopped next to the 9 year old boy, glancing towards his glossy green eyes.

"You gonna talk or just sulk all night?" Katsuki scoffed.

Haru sniffled loudly, wiping his tears with the sleeve of his gray hoodie.

"You'll laugh at me.." He mumbled.

"If it's something Akari did to you, I might laugh, then happily yell at her for you."

Haru let out a small giggle, but then proceeded to cry even more at the mention of his elder sister.

"Uh...I won't yell at her?" Katsuki hesitated.

"The kids in my class today told me that the only reason Akari hangs out with me is because mom is never home...and that mom doesn't like us. They said I'm just a burden to Kari' and mom."

Katsuki's crimson eyes widened in shock, brows furrowed in anger.

"Listen to me Haru. That's all bullshit. I know for a fact that Akari loves you very much, we both do." He said sternly.

"We may not know where or why Emino leaves a lot, but just know you aren't a burden to anyone and never will be."

Haru stared at the boy he saw as a brother, even more hot wet tears streaming down his face. To Katsuki's surprise, the wavy-haired child proceeded to cling onto his torso as if his life depended on it.

"Thank you...and I love you guys too." He mumbled in Katsuki's shirt.

His deep red orbs widened before wrapping his toned arms around Haru, protectively.

"Haru!?"

Katsuki looked up, gaze meeting the pair of beautiful blue eyes he's grown to adore. Akari stood at the bedroom doorway, leaning over slightly, seeming to be out of breath.

"Haru, where have you bee- What's going on..?"

Her brows furrowed at the sight of Katsuki's tear-stained torso, and Haru's curled up form pressed against him.

"I'm assuming your mom isn't home? That's why you were panicking about Haru being gone under your watch?" Katsuki mumbled towards her.

Akari's gaze fell, nodding sadly. His eyes narrowed, motionning her to come over to the pair of boys. She sat down next to Haru, drawing soothing circles on his back, all while taking notice that the small boy passed out on Katsuki.

"Is that what's wrong with him?" Akari sighed.

"Not..exactly."

She looked up at him, raising a brow in slight confusion to his words.