♡ Chapter 2 ♡

˚ Boy talk ˚

The sound of the rain outside was rather peaceful, each drop hitting the windows perfectly. Katsuki sat at his desk, his lamp being the only source of light. He was currently studying for the written test to get into U.A. Re-reading the same paragraph a few times in his textbook, he played with the drawstrings of his grey hoodie. It was great. Peace, quiet, and absolutely no interuptions.

That is until his bedroom door slammed open. Thinking it was either his mom or Akari, Katsuki was getting ready to yell at whoever was standing in his doorway. That is until he turned around in his chair, and faced the green eyed boy. He had damp hair, obviously from the rain and seemed to be out of breath.

"Haru? What are you doing here?" Katsuki asked, raising a brow.

"I need your...help." His face seemed to get flushed all of a sudden.

Katsuki spun around fully in his chair, completely facing the young boy.

"Okay then, what is it brat?"

"Uhm...well the thing is." Haru's cheeks were turning more pink by the second.

Katsuki gave him a puzzled look, gesturing him to continue.

Haru sighed, sitting on Katsuki's bed. He inhaled and exhaled a few times before speaking, noticing how Katsuki's patience was wearing thin.

"Have you ever...uhm..liked someone before?" He asked shyly.

Katsuki's eyes widened. He definitely wasn't expecting to have this talk. Haru continued.

"I think I like someone. But I'm not sure? Like how do I know?"

"When you say 'like' are you talking about friendship or...like like?" He grimaced at his own words. He could not believe he was having this conversation with a 9 year old.

"That's the thing, I don't know."

"Well, how do you feel around them?"

"Her name is Himari. Uh well, when she talks to me I feel this weird feeling in my stomach. It feels like I'm going to throw up....but in a good way?" Haru stated uncertainty.

Katsuki nodded along with what he was saying.

"And I think she's pretty. But she makes me feel so nervous and it's annoying! But then at the same time I want to spend more time with her." He continued, looking away.

"Well kid, it sounds like you are down bad." Katsuki shrugged.

"Down bad...? So I do have a crush?" Haru groaned, falling back on Katsuki's bed.

"Unfortunately, yeah."

"Wait, it's a bad thing!?" Haru shrieked.

"Erm...no?"

The two boys stared at each other for a good minute or two before the younger boy decided to speak up.

"Well, what about you? Do you like anyone?"

"Dammit, why couldn't you have talked about this with Akari?" Katsuki groaned in annoyance.

"Because she would have either gotten super excited and told mom, or make fun of me and tell mom." He said, rolling his bright green eyes.

Katsuki stared up at the ceiling intently, seeming to be in deep thought.

Do I like anyone?

"Wait a second...the only girl you ever hang out with is.." Haru let out a loud gasp, and Katsuki's eyes widened, afraid of what the little boy was about to say.

"Do you like my sister!? Ew gross, you like Aka-" Katsuki slammed his hand over the child's mouth, cutting him off, afraid that the person next door would be able to possibly hear.

"No...I-" He thought for a moment. Did he?

He sighed and let go of Haru's face and leaned back in his chair, making it spin a few times.

"Kid, I'm going to be honest with you. And if you tell a soul, especially Kari', I will not hesitate to blow your ass up to the moon."

Haru sealed his mouth shut, eyes wide and listening intently.

"I actually don't know. I have gotten all those feelings you described before. But I guess I never put that much thought into it. I mean, I've known her my entire life, so wouldn't I have noticed by now if I did?" He sighed, then grimaced realizing he was pretty much having a full blown therapy session with a child.

Haru thought about his words for a bit before speaking.

"Do you think she's pretty?" He asked innocently.

"What!?"

"You heard me, Kat'."

"I mean..I guess." Yes, very much so. Katsuki's eyes widened at his own thoughts.

"Do you want to protect her? Make sure she's happy?"

"...Yes." Katsuki sighed.

"If she was with another dude, would it piss you off?" Haru asked, a smirk spreading across his lips.

He took a moment to think this question over. A frown made its way onto Katsuki's face. He inhaled through his nose, and stood up abruptly. He walked over to his bed, grabbed a pillow and whacked Haru in the face with it.

"HEY! THE HELL WAS THAT FOR!?" Haru whined.

"Dammit you brat! Why do you have to be right!?" Katsuki shouted in frustration.

He put his hood over his head and pulled the drawstrings as aggressively as possible in an attempt to hide the appearing blush spreading on his face. He then fell back into his chair, leaning his head back. Haru broke out into a fit of laughter, finding it amusing to see the usual angry teenager so flustered.

Suddenly, the door slammed open for a second time, startling the two boys.

"There you are Haru! Why are you here!? And- Uh...Katsuki, you good?" Akari exclaimed at the doorway.

Katsuki laid limp in his chair, face hidden in his hood.

"Are you sick or something?" She asked in concern.

"No, not exactly." Haru snickered.

Katsuki ripped his hood off and sent Haru the most threatening death glare he could possibly muster. Haru shut up immediately. Akari raised a brow at their weird behaviour, but shrugged it off.

"Anyways, Haru dinner's ready."

"Okay, thanks Kat'!" Haru waved, jumping off the bed and walking towards his sister.

Katsuki tched and turned his head away.

Both siblings left the Bakugo's home and ran across the driveway in the rain, making it to their own home.

"What's up with Kat'?" Akari asked.

"Oh erm..nothing. Just tired from studying I guess." Haru shrugged.

"Hey, why were you there anyways?"

"Oh uh, I just wanted to ask about...his hero costume!" Haru lied quickly.

Akari raised a brow at her brother, but remembered she couldn't care less and left towards the kitchen. Haru followed shortly, after he pried his soggy shoes off.

Meanwhile...

Katsuki stared at the door where the two siblings just exited. How has he not noticed before? He inhaled sharply, running a hand through his spiky locks. He stood up and flopped face first on his bed. Then proceeded to scream in his pillow, trying to rid his thoughts of his childhood best friend.

"Katsuki why the hell are you yelli-" Mitsuki cut herself off, seeing her son's state. Then she gasped happily.

"DID IT HAPPEN!? Did you finally stop being the most oblivious human on earth!?" His mom screeched.

"You KNEW!?" Katsuki shouted back.

"Duh, me and Emino have been shipping you and Akari for years!"

Katsuki's blush darkened, and he shoved his face back into the comfort of his black pillow case.