♡ Chapter 13 ♡

˚ Don't mess this up ˚

The warm orange glow of the early sunrise beamed softly from the window, hitting each angle of the pair's faces perfectly. Akari and Katsuki sat across from each other at the dining table in silence, contemplating last night's events. It was all so hard and quite draining to take in for the two. Bright, baby blue eyes glanced up towards the ash-blonde's stern face. Although, it did seem to have a softer look in the morning, the morning sun highlighting his features.

"Should we-..should we tell anyone?" The short-haired female mumbled quietly.

Katsuki's brows furrowed in thought, keeping quiet for a moment before answering.

"Depends on who I suppose. I mean, who would believe us anyway? 'Oh yeah, Akari's dad is back from the dead and is trying to kill us.' " He mocked.

Akari let an airy breath escape her nose, head leaning back on the chair as she stared up at the ceiling. The two teenagers sat in silence once again, only the muffled crunches from Haru's cereal could be heard as he sat quietly on the couch. Katsuki admired the shorter female for a few seconds, before a small smirk made its way onto his lips.

"Are we going to talk about last night's other events?"

Akari's head snapped back forward as she stared at the boy in front of her with wide eyes. Her freckled cheeks flushed, recalling the heart felt confession the two shared.

"W-What's there to talk about?" She breathed out.

The carmine-eyed boy smiled, then leaned his head on top of his folded arms that rested on the wooden table. Katsuki hummed softly to himself before speaking.

"Well...does this mean you're my girlfriend now? Do you want to be my girlfriend?"

The faded-brown haired girl looked down and fumbled with her fingers, heart beating rapidly.

"If you want..."

"Well of course I want you to be my girlfriend, you dumbass. But I'm asking what you want." He scoffed, looking up at her.

Akari looked deep into his intoxicating crimson orbs, the ones that she could gaze at forever. She nodded slowly, before letting a small smile creep up on her delicate face.

"Yeah...I do want to, actually."

A shit-eating grin appeared on Katsuki's face, before it immediately vanished at the sound of his parents coming down the stairs.

"Oh, Akari and Haru? I didn't know you two stayed over last night. Oh whatever, it's not like you two haven't randomly stayed over before."

The tall, ash-blonde woman spoke smoothly as she made her way down the stairway and into the kitchen, her husband following close behind. Masaru glanced at the clock, before raising a questioning brow towards the teenagers seated at the table.

"What are you guys doing awake at 6 am anyways...?" He asked softly.

Katsuki and Akari glanced at each other, before the shorter one of the two answered quietly.

"Couldn't sleep..." She mumbled.

Mitsuki turned around and eyed her son suspiciously, the two ash-blondes having a small glaring contest. Meanwhile, Akari and Masaru glanced between the two, fearful of a possible fight breaking loose.

"You're quieter than usual. Normally you'd be bitching about something by now." Mitsuki scoffed, as her hot-headed son stared at her in bewilderment.

"THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABO-"