Chapter 18 - Familiarity on Earth

Here's chapter 18 <3
_________________________

Newt had his eyes fixated on Sonyas before he ran out the door and in the direction in the box.

"Newt wait!" Sonya shouted as she dashed after him.

Soon Harriet followed behind and Alby next, curiosity gnawing at them all.

Illyanna ran next, surprised at the speed she was going at.

She was now running next to Harriet and Alby then decided she wanted to overtake them and run next to Sonya and Newt.

Illyanna was now running at the same pace as Sonya and Newt . She noticed that Newt wasn't running so fast and looked like he was struggling with it but she ignored it.

Behind her she heard the keepers screaming;

"The box!"

"Run to the box!"

It was no doubt the whole glade knew now.

Illyanna, Newt and Sonya reached the edge of the box and saw it rising almost in line with the top.

Harriet and Alby joined them, bending down to catch their breath.

"Why'd...you run...so fast, Illy?" Harriet looked up at Illyanna

Illyanna shrugged "Curiosity killed the cat"

Harriet laughed at Illyannas pathetic attempt at a joke and focused on the box.

More and more gladers started to reach the box, making a crowd around the group.

Illyanna had a good view of the box when it started to open. The loud cracking sound of metal against metal forced her to slam her palms in her ears.  "So loud"

When the doors started to open Illyanna could see a shadow of a person. A boy. She adjusted her eyes to see the view and saw only a young boy. About 15-16. She felt bad. Illyanna knew what that felt like. Not knowing who you are or where you're from.

The boy that was held in the box lay there still.

"Is he dead?" Illyanna heard a voice say then somebody shushed it.

The boy didn't move nor did he react to the bright sun that lit up his face. He had brown hair and was wearing a blue, old shirt.

"Perhaps he's fallen asleep?" Illyanna raised her voice.

Newt motioned for Illyanna to follow him as he jumped into the box with a banging sound.

Illyanna jumped into the box and saw Newt staring at the boys hand in confusion.

"Wha-" she was about to ask then she saw something that looked like paper in the boys hand.

Illyanna went to retrieve it and folded it open. Newt walked up and stood close to her so he could get a view aswell. On the paper was messy,rushed writing that read 'he's the last one ever. No more'

"What does it say?" Sonya asked impatiently

"He's the last one." Illyanna said

"Ever. No more." Newt finished the sentence.

And once again the glade was quiet and you could hear the birds chirping.

Breaking the silence the boy jumped in to life, his dark brown eyes staring at the sky.

Illyanna was so shocked by it she jumped into Newts arms.

"Ill" the boy said "Illy"

"I-" Illyanna turned around to face the gladers that all had their eyes glued on her.

Why did this boy say her name? How did he know her?

__________________________________

A/N: Hello! So I wrote this chapter the same night as the last chapter so it's still night time and I'm very very tired so please excuse my grammar and spelling the words are all so blurryyy. But yes this was just a quick we chapter I squeezed in I hope you enjoyed it! <33