Chapter 14- Skies

A/N: Hello everybody! Just letting you know I'm working on the plot for my story but there's a change near the end lol. Ok here's the next chapter <3
_______________________________________________________________

The next day was boring.

Illyanna had to try out for another job.

Maybe she would've found it a bit less boring if she didn't want to be a runner again.

She had no idea why but she wanted to go back into the maze and if people got mad for her going into save somebody then she would never be allowed in to just look around. I mean she knew it was dangerous but she survived whilst carrying a half dead man. She could take care of herself.

The job she was trying out for was called a slicer. That was when you sliced up the animals the box came up with and turned them into meat for dinner.

This is much more disgusting than boring, Illyanna thought

The keeper of the slicers was a dark haired boy named Winston. And he looked happy doing his job. Happy? Ugh. Horrible. Just horrible.

"Hey?" Somebody snapped his fingers. Winston. "You gonna get back to work? Stop day dreamin'?"

Yup he didn't like Illyanna - at all - probably because she broke the number one rule.

But she saved two people and maybe even his friends and why couldn't this boy understand that? Illyanna almost laughed at him.

Illyanna noticed how stubborn she was getting with her thoughts and got back to work.

Disgusting not boring but she certainly wasn't entertained.

She carried on for what felt like hours while some people gave her dirty looks , others cheered and gave catcalls.

Illyanna almost felt like she liked some of the gladers for understanding how she felt but then the other people were just so pathetic, giving her dirty looks like that.

"Do you have any gloves?" Illyanna stared at her hands

"What?" Winston looked at her but she didn't look back

"Gloves?" Illyanna looked up and shook her bloody hands it him

"Eh? Why?" The boy looked puzzled

"Oh I don't know maybe I'm just sick of animals blood being all over my hands." Illyanna tried to force as much sarcasm into her words that she almost screamed the last word at him.

"Jeez Uhm we have some in the shed-" the boy pointed over his shoulder "but that's time up so you can go off now, do whatever ya want."

Illyanna dropped the knife in her hands, with force so it crackled on the wooden floor. Winston jumped, so scared Illyanna covered her mouth so she didn't laugh.

"Finally," Illyanna grinned sarcastically " don't need to do this to these innocent animals anymore-" she started to walk away then stopped "oh and thanks by the way for teaching me. This was so fun!" Illyanna curtsied. A little bit over the top. Even for her.

She just realised she felt bad for this Winston guy. He looked scared. Scared of her. Yeah maybe she was just a bit mean. Okay a lot. But he had no right to give her dirty looks. Well she did break the number one rule and he'd probably been here for so long without that happening. I mean it was his opinion and everybody deserves their opinion.

Well if somebody didn't agree with Illyanna - she could be a bit over the top about it.

It's fine it's fine, Illyanna told herself, you just don't like that boy and he doesn't like you simple your allowed to not like somebody.