Chapter 2 - Strangers and Rebels

"What- shank?" Illyanna had no idea what was happening. A girl with black hair jumped in the room, now standing beside the boy who said he was Alby.

"Harriet," she said, her voice welcoming.

"Where am I-"

"Questions last" Alby spoke up.

"Be nice, Ably she looks scared," this came from one of the figures. Laughs broke out from all over the place and conversations flooded the air:

"Haha! nice one, Dakia!"

"Awh poor little girl!"

"Looks like a slopper to me,"

"That's not funny,"
"QUIT IT!" a girls voice said and everybody shut up.

The girl that had spoken came through the crowd, stepped into the box, like it was nothing and put out her hand.

"Names Sonya," Illyanna took her hand and stood up. "Remember yours? Eh?"

"Illyanna..." she murmured.

"Better than Dakia," some giggles filled the air. "Don't listen to those sticks,"

"Sticks?"

"Just some people that don't deserve to be talked to," Sonya smiles and Illyanna knew she was going to like her.

Illyanna stepped out of the box, looked around to see meters high walls surrounding them, the walls had ivy covered on them. The walls joined up to each other forming a huge square. In the square was trees and buildings made from wood that looked like they'd fall over any second.

"This is the glade," Sonya smiled. "Nice isn't it?"

"Yeah...," Illyanna was too focused on the gap in one of the walls and before she could ask what it was Sonya answered.

"Through there," she pointed at it "That's the maze. Supposed to be our way out of this place. Dangerous though,"

"Tell me about this. I don't understand.." Illyanna was itching to know what this was all about.

"In time," Harriet said

"Questions last," Alby repeated as he got out the box.

"Right.." Illyanna sighed. A boy with blonde hair and brown eyes came through the crowd and whispered to Sonya then she whispered back.

"You're in luck," she grinned "You've got me giving you the tour since Newt here is busy. You'll get to know him soon though you'll meet everybody soon,"

Illyanna was happy to have Sonya show her around. She was the only person that seemed interested in helping her. Majority of the others looked like they couldn't care less.

"Alright, greenbean. Up for knowing? You look like you're about to explode,"

"I'm ready when you are," Illyanna said not bothering to hide the curiosity in her voice.

"Let's go then," Sonya motions for with arm to follow her so Illyanna pushes through the crowd of people and runs up after her.

___________________________
I kinda like this chapter. I'll try upload the next one as soon as I can. Hope you enjoy :D