Chapter 11 - What lurks inside the Maze

A/N: Hey everybody! Massive thanks to everyone that's read my story so far I am very grateful 😊

Here's chapter 11. 🌸
___________________________

Click click click

"Oh my god," Illyanna could feel herself starting to shake "That's not a-" she couldn't finish the sentence.

"Griever? Yup it is," Minho sounded even more tired than before

"Can you stand up? I mean- ugh I don't know... can you run?" Illyannas mind was running through thoughts.

"Not for long,"

"Okay, okay what do we do now?"

"Nothing. There's no point. We're not surviving the night."

"Stop being so negative! We need to at least try!"

Click click click

The sound was getting closer.

Then Minho pushed himself to his feet, wiped the sweat that was pooling on his forehead and said "We need to split up, try and confuse this thing. Try and stay alive."

"But what if-"

Minho cut her off  "What if nothing just go."

Illyanna nodded and Minho ran off down the hall of the maze and turned left.

Illyanna was alone.

Click click click

She had to get moving.

Illyanna sprinted off down the corridor and turned left. She kept on turning, trying to remember every turn she did.

Illyanna stopped knowing she couldn't remember it all.

She sighed "Great,"

Illyanna murmured, keeping her voice low.

Then she had an idea.

She gently tore off the ivy that covered the stone walls and lay it on the ground. She started moving again but only a light jog. Every time she turned a corner she would break off a bit of ivy and place it on the ground so she'd know where she would be.

After a while of jogging and laying down ivy Illyanna heard a grinding sound. It sounded exactly like when the maze doors were closing. Illyanna came to a stop and looked around. "What in the world?" Illyanna turned in a circle, trying to figure out what the deafening sound was. It came to the point that the sound was that loud she had to press her hands over her ears to block out the noise.

Then something horrid happened.

Part of the wall infront  of her began to slide open, the sound getting louder. What lay behind the door was even worse.

Click click click

The door had fully opened and that sound had stopped. The only thing Illyanna could hear was the clicking and whirring of a Griever. She knew it was a Griever that stood 10 meters infront of her. She just knew.

The Griever was a bulbous creature. It was a dark viridian colour and was covered in spikes and appendages hung from its abdomen. Dozens of shears were attached to its bubbling body. It was horrible.