Chapter 15- Birds

Illyanna woke to birds chirping.

At first she thought it was annoying but then it grew to be beautiful, blending into the atmosphere.

Then her thoughts decided to trouble her again

What type of people would throw some kids in a maze with horrible creatures? Illyanna thought and some of they kids were 12.

Chuck.

He was so young and didn't deserve to be here. He should've been in school. With his friends and family. There could've been more kids than just Chuck. They must been so scared.

Then a different thought creeped into her mind. An annoying one.

The meeting.

She was somewhat excited but terrified at the same time.

Maybe people would want her to be a runner.

Or maybe they'd want to feed her to grievers.

But Illyanna refused to go into that debate with her mind again so she sat up and watched the already heating up sun rise above the closed glade doors.

So beautiful.

The sun was very warm.

Really warm actually when she thought about it.

She wondered where she might be in the world.

She had an American accent and so did most of the gladers. Newt had a British accent and Illyanna had already heard more like Australian or Irish or Scottish. They'd obviously come from different types of the world.

When a shadow came into her vision she turned to see an unfamiliar face.

It was a boy she'd not seen before with dark hair and with freckles speckled all over his face. He said one thing,

"The meeting starts in half an hour. Don't be late."

Before she could say anything he left, Illyanna left wondering where he was going.

Great now how did she know when half an hour was. Sometimes the time went by really fast, other times it went by so slowly. What could she do? Count? No she'd never have the patience.
Illyanna decided to move into vision to where Sonya said they were going to have the meeting and decided to wait. Maybe when she though it was time some keepers would go inside. It was her best bet.

She sat there, waiting leaving her thoughts to swallow her.
_______________________________________________________________

A/N: Hey guys so sorry for not updating in forever and sorry this is so short. I've been really busy and I'm going on holiday soon so I might not post for another 3 weeks or so. I don't know. I might not continue this story I don't think I have time with homework and school or motivation and I'm struggling with ideas. But I'll try even if it's a chapter a month. Sorry guys but I love you all so much for reading. Bye have a wonderful day.