Chapter 10 - Serum

A/N: Hi everyone! I hope you'll enjoy this chapter ❤️🥳
___________________________________________
Illyanna and Minho were slammed onto the ground as the doors clicked shut. They were trapped. In the maze. At Night.

Minho groaned then Illyanna sat up and looked at the sealed doors. "Well," Illyanna sighed "This couldn't get any better."

"Great time for sarcasm," came the voice of Minho.

Illyanna didn't realise how weak the boy sounded.

"What's wrong with you?" Illyanna asked, surprised at the concern in her own voice.

"What's wrong with me? Oh I'll tell you what's wrong with me,"

Minho flung out his forearm, revealing a deep cut in the from of a circle, with thick, black veins spreading around it.

"What-" Illyanna felt nauseous "What is that,"

"Griever sting," Minho sounded exhausted even just by speaking.

Illyanna squirmed at what he had just said. Sonya had said that the grievers lurked the maze but she didn't know they stung people.

Then she remembered. Grievers. How could she forget. How could she forget that they'd be likely to be out by now, looking for them. How did she know what grievers could do? How did she know what they looked like? The gladers made them out so bad that it could be anything.

Illyanna snapped herself out of her thoughts of questions that nobody would answer.

"Sting?" Illyanna didn't think this guy seemed patient so she switched her question "Well, are ya gonna be alright?" It sounded dumb but how could she know? She was just a "Greenie"

"Alright? Yes, once I've got the serum and went through the changing,"

Minho pulled down his sleeve, covering the deep cut.

"Serum? Changing?"

"Man you ask a lot of questions," Minho sighed
"Look greenie-"

"Illyanna," Illyanna but in, hating being called greenie

"Illyanna, whatever. Those nasty things that come out at night we call em grievers and you'll know when you see one, before you ask, they can sting ya. Sting ya real painful. When they do it's not nice, let me just say. And see they people that put us here?"

Minho continued not letting Illyanna answer

"They send up this medicine that cures the sting. If ya don't get it...we'll you'll be shucked,"

"Shucked?" Illyanna was confused

"Shucked? That's your question? Man your
weird,"

Illyanna stared at the spot on the ground.

"Basically the changing is the medicine working time," Minho ended his speech

"So we are gonna be alright?" Illyanna hoped for some positivity

"Alright?!?!" Minho sounded frustrated "No we aren't! We have to survive a night in the maze to get back to the serum and that's very unlikely if your not sting and guess what, greenie? I am. And it hurts like a man,"

Illyanna didn't even know if she liked this boy he wasn't being very positive, just negative.

"Ugh can't you just try and be a little bit positive?" Illyanna noticed herself getting annoyed

Minho's tone had completely changed "We're already dead.." he turned and looked at the hall to the turns of the maze "Already dead,"

And that was when Illyanna heard metal crackling and scraping along the stone floor.

Click click click

That sound seemed to be the one that stood out the most and she knew it must be a griever.

A/N: Hey y'all! Sorry for not updating but if you could remind me (to update) it really helps because I honestly don't know where my
Minds fly LOL anyways thanks for reading 😩👍🏻 Also apologies for my spelling, usage of commas or long sentences it's 3am and I can't see my eyes are dead. OKAY LOVE YOU❤️