Chapter 9- The Doors

Author: Hi, sorry for not uploading another part in a while but here is another part hope you enjoy it❤️

"Okay..stay calm and keep everybody calm. Not too hard," Illyanna murmured to herself.

When Illyanna looked up she saw that some of the gladers had gathered around the doors to the maze and others were running towards it. So that meant probably every glader knew about Atticus and Minho.
Before Illyanna knew it she was doing the same. Running to the doors to see what would happen.

When she finally got there, caught her breath and looked up- even though she could only see the people infront of her- the chatter that had once filled the glade had stopped.

Illyanna lifted up on her toes to try catch a glimpse of what made the gladers chatter cut off but she couldn't see over their heads.

So she used her other sense. She strained to hear something, anything, but there was only silence.

After the gladers all stood there for a while, not moving, a screeching sound cut off the loud silence.
Illyanna knew what the sound was even though she couldn't see.

It was the doors. And they were closing.

Voices broke out conversations and names were being shouted in encouragement.

And there Illyanna was, pushing herself through the huddled crowd of people, eager to see what it was.

"Come on, Minho!"

"You can do it guys!"

"You shanks can make it!"

"Atticus, get up and run!"

Every glader was screaming and shouting by the time Illyanna had made it to the front.

She could make out Minho, his back to the group, dragging a figure bye their legs. Illyanna assumed that was Atticus. "Why doesn't somebody go in and help them?" Illyanna blurted out in frustration, not speaking to nobody in particular.

"It's not allowed," Gally answered staring at a spot in the floor "It's against the rules, greenie," he was standing beside her and looked like he was being swallowed by his own thoughts.

Illyanna hated watching Minho struggle with Atticus in his hands, trying to get him to the entrance as the doors screamed, trying to reach each other.

Illyanna groaned "Ugh! How can you just watch them?" Illyanna turned to Sonya who was standing there, gnawing her fingernails and staring at Minho with worried eyes. Sonya just shook her head, still staring at the struggling people in the hallway to the maze.
Illyanna noticed Newt standing next to Sonya and his eyes were full with panic and concern. Illyanna almost ran into the maze but then stopped herself, her thoughts running.

Encouragement hung in the air and Illyanna hated this. She wanted it to all end. She hated standing here. She hated every last bit of it.

Illyanna spotted Harriet standing next to Gally, yelling things but her words were lost in everybody else's.

The doors were getting closer and closer together. And more panic filled Sonyas eyes when Illyanna took a glimpse at her.

"Come on, Minho," Illyanna heard Sonya whisper.

The doors were now about 8 inches from reaching each other and without thinking, Illyanna entered the maze, grabbed Atticus off of Minho and threw him in the glade but as she and Minho went to enter the glade, just in time, they were pushed back in by a strong hand.

A/N: Hey guys. Wonder what's gonna happen? :D AHAHAHAHA. Okay I'll try upload the next chapter soon :))