Chapter 5 - Better the stars

Author: Hey yall! Sorry for not uploading I've been busy. Thank you for 14 reads! Never thought I'd get any :) ok hope you enjoy this chapter 💕💕💕
_____________________________________________

Illyanna and Chuck left the small hut and both spotted the sun lowering.

"Ooh! The bonfire is soon. Excited?" Chuck exclaimed

"Yeah.." Illyanna gazed at the sun and was relieved there was something good in this placthat seemed awful.

"Illyanna?" Chuck looked at her

"Yeah?" Illyanna met his eyes

"You alright?" the boy asked

"Mhm," Illyanna turned her attention back to the dropping sun "beautiful isn't it?"

"Yeah," Chuck faced the sun too and watched it.

After a couple of minutes Illyanna heard a deafening noise.

She felt the ground shake and almost fell over but caught her balance.

Chuck just stood there like it was normal and let out a chuckle.

"What was that?" Chuck just continued to laugh "Chuck!"

Illyanna looked at the gap in the wall to see it closing. How was that even possible? Before she knew it she was running towards it.

She heard Chuck running faintly behind her but he couldn't keep up. Chuck was screaming her name but she kept going, curiosity winning. She stopped about 1 meter away from the entrance.

Inside was a huge hallway leading onto other hallways. A maze. Vines covers the walls but as the vines reached the top they got thin and wouldn't be able to hold a person.

"Chuck what's in th-"

"I best hope your not planning on going in there,"

Illyanna was cut off by a boy that sounded nothing like Chuck. The boy spoke in a soft, British accent. When Illyanna turned around to look who was speaking it was the boy Sonya pointed out as 'Newt'. Newt had blonde hair, brown eyes, he was tall, taller than Illyanna and stood there with his arms folded.

"I uh-" Illyanna fumbled for words. Newt let out a small laugh then stood next to her so they were both facing whatever lay through the walls.

"My greatest apologies for not being able to give you the tour I was...busy,"

"Busy?" Illyanna asked. Newt nodded. At that Chuck had caught up with them talking
through breaths.

"Why...did....you...run....so...fast," Illyanna laughed and Newt did too.

Newt smiled and rubbed Chuck on his head.

"Oh Chuck you never fail to impress," then he gave them both a warm smile and left, heading to a room that was heavily secured with a metal door.

"Wheres he going?"

"Why? Miss him already?" Chuck laughed

"Seriously, Chuck where is he going? Come on don't blame me I'm the 'greenie' after all that knows absolutely nothing,"

Chuck sighed "Hey call it the map room. It's where they put the maps from the maze. The Runners job."