Good Days Hit Different

Start from the beginning

I roll my eyes. How everyone met everyone was through connections. Our parents are heavily connected with one another which came to be a reason why we grew so close.

Another thing to add to the list of traumas. Unlike their parent's mine knows how to put on a good show. This is true because we always host Christmas dinner every year and it's a spectacle.

But there's no kumbaya or bringing of gifts and sitting with family and friends to catch up on a year worth of things. It's straight business.

When I was on good terms with my siblings we would sneak off somewhere when we were younger to avoid the monotone talks about our destiny and future.

One by one they grew up, and it was just me sneaking away, until one day I found all six of my now loving friends hiding away smoking pot. They took one look at me and laughed, and Hobi said the darndest thing. "You an outcast too?" That was the start of it.

"I can't wait to graduate. It's been so exhausting." Sky exhaled going to her regular seat. We all sat around her then Jimin and Mina came. Then Jin and Hobi, and finally Jungkook and Taehyung cackling a storm.

His eyes were slits as his chest caved in and his mouth stretches open. Jungkook had an arm thrown over his shoulders while his deep laugh filled the room.

"Pepeu!" He repeats with this solid laugh that almost brings him to his knees. Jungkook's face is scarlet, a true shade of the brightest ruby.

"What are you two laughing about?" I giggled from the sounds of their own laughs making me light with amusement.

They have finally taken in where they were and their laughs soften. Their feet must have taken them in the right direction while they tittered on the edge of tripping over. Jungkook sniffs away the tears and laughs once more time while Taehyung still grabbed to his stomach for support.

"W-We came up with a children's story a-and," Jungkook paused and bust out laughing again. I began to laugh seeing them laugh which made them laugh harder.

Obviously, this conversation wasn't gonna go anywhere. "Tae came up with this character and its name is Pepeu." Jungkook wiped his tears and we all looked at each other.

"Is your humor that dumb that a name makes you laugh?" Hobi asked with a look of confusion and Jimin giggled beside him.

Taehyung lets out a huge breath, his face almost purple. "No—it's the way you say it."

"And how do you say it?" I roll my wrist to show that my patience was running thin and I wanted in on the joke.

Jungkook made a noise with his fist clenched up to his lips while eyeing Taehyung. Then Taehyung said in his deepest voice the character's name and the two started laughing again, this time Hobi and Jimin joined in. I laughed lightly since I didn't catch the flutter of laughter like the rest of them but it was still fun to watch them.

"I've never seen such a denser crowd." Sky chuckled under her breath and grinned. She may act as cold as ice but she really does have a soft spot. Her way of saying I love you is in the language of argument. That's more because she has daddy issues.

Sooner rather than later our professor strolled in with her high heels pumps and sleeked back grey hair.

Her dress suit was iron straight enough to cut corners without a single speck of the outside world on it. Once she glared towards our group we all scattered into our seats.

Taehyung grabbed my wrist and sat me down in a row that was close but far and it gave us privacy. At first, when school started back I grew wiry of this since he was so persistent in sitting next to me. Now I'm so used to being dragged away from all my friends that they don't even blink.