By The Water Fountain P4

Start from the beginning

''Y/N, you need to calm down okay? Hop in the car and we can talk-'' You wanted to scoff in annoyance.

''I don't want to talk BRAD! I JUST WANT EVERYTHING TO STOP!'' Your hands covered your face as you sobbed into them. Brad hesitantly walked up to you, resting a hand on your shoulder as you continued to shake.

''I'm tired of being second best all the time, to my parents, my friends...you. For once, I want me to be first, just once!''

''You're not second best to me'' Brad spoke softly. You tilted your head to the side and shook your head as tears blurred your vision.

''Yes I am, come on Brad. Admit it, I know. You asked me out not even 3 days after Sarah dumped you. Those first few weeks you deliberately sauntered me off in front of her, trying to make her jealous. I'm not judging okay, I get it, you were hurt... And at the party 2 weeks ago, when you left me in the middle of the dance floor, I saw you with her, talking. You still like her Brad, she's still your first choice...'' Your voice trailed off with a small hiccup. Brad's face fell in defeat.

''I'm with you now'' Brad probably thought that that is what you'd want to hear but it was the exact opposite.

''Not anymore Brad... I can't...'' The words tumbled out of your mouth. You fell back down onto the ground, your hands catching your fall.

''Are you serious? you're really doing this right now?'' Brad's voice rose with anger. you whimpered and cried some more, holding onto yourself.

''Fuck... I liked you but fuck you're impossible sometimes Y/N'' Brad curses aloud, mainly to himself.

''Ever since You stopped being friends with those weirdos you became so... so afraid of everything! so fragile! I had to force you out of your shell! Hell my friends thought I was mad for dating you!'' Brad bellowed. the words stung but a part of you felt too numb to care at the moment.

''I'm sorry...'' You mumbled, not being able to make eye contact with him. You heard him huff then sigh.

''Just... forget it... I'm going to Homecoming, are you coming with me?'' You looked up at him and shook your head, crying softly now. He shook his head angrily and stomped over towards his car, your ears perked up at the sound of a door slamming closed. Your eyes darted up as you watch him take off quickly and speed down the road till he was out of your sight. You let more tears fall, crying for almost another 10 minutes before you heard sirens in the distance. That was quite normal given it was Queens.

Your phone began buzzing in your dress pocket. You pulled it out and wiped underneath your eyes to hide the fact you had just been crying before answering the face time.

''Y/N, where are you? The dance started an hour ago'' MJ's voice glided through followed by loud music and people cheering in the background. You smiled to yourself, finding comfort in the sounds of normal teenagers goofing around at a dance.

''I'm alright, I'm running a little late...'' You trailed off, not being able to find the words. MJ's eyes furrowed on the phone screen.

''Why are you in front of a sandwich shop?'' She asked. You glanced behind you and laughed humourlessly, not even realising where you were till now.

''Got hungry I guess'' You could hear MJ sigh as she excused herself and walked over to a quieter area, probably the school hallways as it got much darker and only her face was lit up due to the light on her phone.

''Y/N talk to me, what happened?'' It took all of 3 minutes to tell MJ everything, starting from what happened at the party 2 weeks ago till just moments ago. MJ listened to every word and quickly sent a text through to Ned, asking him to grab Peter from the gymnasium.