17: hide & seek

* * *

* * *

Halloween isn't Wooyoung's favourite time of the year (that's Christmas), but there's something about carved pumpkins, spindly skeletons and bashed in brains that really...calms him for some reason. As a kid, horror movies had terrified him, but he'd always liked the aesthetics of the world they'd built, and even watched makeup tutorials online to see creators transforming into his favourite horror characters.

And now that the time has come again, Wooyoung is downright ecstatic about how this year's celebrations will go. He's gonna be with both his friends this time (cause last time Yunho was at the hospital), his mother's grown more supportive of halloween-themed decorations, and the best thing of all's that San will be around too.

As soon as his phone alarm goes off at 6AM sharp, Wooyoung awakes from the depths of sleep as if he's just gotten through an exorcism, shoves his orange-black socked feet into his slides, and grabs his glasses from the table to dash into the bathroom and ready himself for today with a cold splash of water.

The shit-stain of a faucet sprays way too much at first that it dampens a bit of Wooyoung's lilac pj's. But he can't let himself stay mad for long or feel icky at being wet first thing in the morning.

Drying his face and stomach with a towel, he allows himself to glance at the mirror. Mingi's always said he has good skin despite the occasional pimple that mars his jaw, and now that Wooyoung's actually looking at himself with impartiality for once, he realizes that yeah, maybe he does.

His cheeks are a little pink though, as he's just woken up, and there's something in his eyes that have never been there before. Something that has them sparkling like they're full of stars. Adoration.

It's Sunday now, the last time Wooyoung saw San being Friday, and yet still he can't erase that starry-eyed look no matter how hard he tries. He looks so fucking infatuated, the thought of San alone making his cheeks glow with warmth.

"Stop it, Wooyoung," he berates himself, pointed fingers and all. "Stop being weird."

"Wooyoung?" Someone yells that very second, causing him to startle and almost throw his glasses in the toilet. How is he so freaking clumsy?

Wooyoung pushes them up his nose, not wanting to risk them saying hello to toilet water once again. "Yes, mom?"

"You already awake, dear?" The woman's asking. "We need to get started on those cookies."

Wooyoung shakes his head to rid it of that lovestruck expression, and when he feels he's alright enough, he runs out the door, excited for what's to come.

Cooking has always been one of Wooyoung's weak spots (one of his many weak spots, to be exact), but it's fine 'cause it's baking that they're doing this morning, not cooking.