05: the punching bag

tw: mentions of self harm

* * *

"Jesus, Woo," Mingi comments, features pained as he examines the surface of Wooyoung's left hand, "if this continues you're going to legit break a bone."

"Maybe that's what I want?" Wooyoung says with a bit of a smile. He grits his teeth though when the taller applies some antiseptic.

Yunho casts him an unimpressed look from where he is by his computer. It's just past dinnertime, and Wooyoung had put off seeing them all morning at Yunho's place because of the shitty state of his fingers.

"Don't look at me like that," Wooyoung whines, tears stinging the corners of his eyes when Mingi accidently presses too hard on a wound. "Just pretend it's nothing."

"There's no way we can do that Wooyoung," Yunho states. His math textbook's open since he's supposed to be doing homework. Wooyoung feels even worse for dragging his friends into this. "What did your mom say?"

Wooyoung shakes his head, dismissive. "Didn't tell her anything. You know how worried she gets already."

And it's true. Whenever he isn't staying home or is going to be later that usual, he has to let her know or else she'll go berserk. He's lucky she trusts Yunho's dad so much.

"We need some new bandages," Mingi says, and Wooyoung stiffens at how much he's been observing him.

"What?"

Mingi scratches the back of his head. "Since you came you've been a little... off. And it's not even because of your hand. You just look so mad." Wooyoung sees him exchanging looks with Yunho. "Did something happen?"

"...No."

Yunho exhales, and fuck, Wooyoung does not like the look on his face. "Did Choi San do something?"

Wooyoung's brought back to yesterday night, the things he did chilling him to the core. And how horrid he felt -- and still feels -- for being like the others and reducing San his body as always. He looks at his injured hand, jaw clenched.

Someone touches his arm, and it's hot. Too hot. "Are you okay?"

"I uh," Wooyoung hops to his feet, noting how appalled both his friends appear. "I'm gonna head out and go get myself those bandages. Anyone also feeling for some ice cream?"

Yunho looks so puzzled. "There's some left over in the freezer -- "

"But it's a leftover. I'll get something new and tasty."

"I'll go with you," Mingi says, and for that to happen he'll have to change out of his frilly skirt and jacket and it'll take way too much time and --

"Nah, it's okay. I just..." Wooyoung inhales a deep breath, "need some fresh air. I'll be back with everything in no time."

Mr Jeong's out making coffee when Wooyoung exits Yunho's room, and for a moment he wants to curse at the man for colliding his and San's worlds. But the moment doesn't last long because Yunho's dad is a really nice man, and San is...