12: meeting the fam

inception woo and san will forever have me in a chokehold i  s w e a r

also this more accurately describes how they look in this fic, but just imagine rounded glasses on woo with a less intimidating disposition

* * *

"I need to change desperately," San begins after they've washed their hands and shoved the supplies back in their places, now strolling down the hallway to finally leave. "Cause someone," he pointedly glares at Wooyoung, playful, "decided to get me wet. Not once, but twice."

Wooyoung's stupid mind enters a less than innocent place, but he's smart enough to not let that get to him. He's seventeen, not twelve.

His hands linger in his pockets, shrugging as if he's done nothing wrong. "Hey, the first time was an accident. The second... eh. I was just trying to be of comfort."

"Well if you still want to be of comfort," San rubs his hair, to Wooyoung's chagrin, "follow me to my place."

Wooyoung proceeds to answer, but locks eyes with a blue haired girl talking with another girl by the lockers. At seeing him, she not-so-subtly nudges her friend, giggling as if she just knows why he's hanging out with Choi San.

San notices before long, and to Wooyoung's absolute shock remarks, "Anything the problem?"

The girls are taken aback too, judging by their rigid shoulders and wide eyes. Then, they're quickly shaking their heads and scurrying away from them.

"...Let's keep going," San says as if it's nothing. "My bike's out front. That is, if you wanna come over?"

Wooyoung takes some time to reply, their interaction with those girls at the forefront of his mind. He doesn't know how San can deal with this everyday; he'd certainly be affected if every one of his interactions with others consisted of them obviously thinking badly of him.

But then again, he'd gotten a taste of it freshman year because of Kim fucking Jaehyuk, but it hadn't lasted long. But this...this was way too much, even for him. And he isn't even the recipient.

He blinks when a hand waves in front his face, soon meeting San's dark eyes.

"You just zoned out there," San says, though Wooyoung's positive he knows why he's like that.

"Does the school know?" Wooyoung blurts, unable to keep still. "Like, the teachers and principal Min. They can't keep letting those students treat you like that."

It's highly hypocritical of him to say this when just weeks ago, he'd never paid attention -- nor cared as he felt it didn't concern him, Wooyoung knows, and it's something that eats at him everyday. But right now, the more he knows of San, the more he knows this shouldn't be happening to him.