TROUBLE ALWAYS BREWS.

Start from the beginning

My heart dropped to my feet, as I lurched up to hit the button to call the nurse. My knuckles hit the button with a painful smack, alarms ringing though the air and announcements blasting through the loudspeaker.

"Code red. Room 376. Code red. Room 376." A woman repeated in a monotone voice, her technologically generated accent ringing loudly through the air.

My tea fell to the ground, and I almost watched in slow motion as the doctor ran into the room, a nurse right behind him.

They raced to y/n, trying to calm her convulsing body. My breath turned rapid, my heart beating at the speed of light.

I backed away as her eyes shot open, their color now bright, stark blue. The electricity in the building flickered on and off, making the backup generator switch in with a loud whirr.

"What's wrong with her?!" I screamed, my hands shaking as I hit the wall. I stared in shock at her seizing body, her eyes fluttering open and closed.

No one answered, as the doctor gave orders to the nurse I didn't understand. The nurse left, only to return a moment later with more nurses, and they tugged y/n's hospital bed out of the room.

I pushed myself off the wall and my stupor and  raced closely behind, everything a haze.

I managed to clutch onto her shoulder, gripping it tight as we ran.

We sped down the hallway, rushing to a operating room.

Unnoticed by the others, my gaze turned to confusion as y/n's head snapped up to mine, her eyes entirely blue. I opened my mouth to alert the others, but was quickly interrupted.

"Arcanum intrare. Arcanum possideo. Arcanum relinquo." Y/n shrieked, her eyes locked on mine. I stared in confusion, still being tugged along.

.... Arcanum?

And then, a bright blue shield erupted from her chest, engulfing us. The rippling shield sent a strange electricity through the air, frying any equipment around us. The wind outside the bubble whipped rather fast, papers flying about.

Dr. Brahmer and the nurses were thrown violently away, hitting the walls with great force.

"Are you okay?!" I screamed at him, to which I received a faint raise of his hand as he writhed against the wall in pain.

I turned my attention back to y/n. Me and her were trapped in this blue orb, but no one else. My hand was stuck to her shoulder, and I was unable to pry it off. I struggled to tug it off, but to no avail. My hand burned against her skin, and screams of pain left my mouth.

She continued to chant the same words, words I had never heard before. I had no idea what they meant, nor what they were. She screamed them like mantras, never creasing to take a breath. Her eyes shine bright as the moon, blue and blinding.

"Arcanum intrare. Arcanum possideo. Arcanum relinquo. Arcanum intrare. Arcanum possideo. Arcanum relinquo." She screamed and screamed, whipping wind around us. Her eyes were glowing so bright, they were difficult to look at. But I was transfixed on them. My eyes watered, and I blinked rapidly trying to decrease the irritation.

My veins slowly grew blue, excruciating pain taking over my body. I shrieked, doubling over. My skin was on fire, every muscle being pulled and torn at.

My hand stayed on her shoulder, and I desperately tried again to wrench it off. Again, to no affect. My hand was glued on as my body went through intense bouts of pain, my vision going blurry and my head growing light.