DOOM.

"Well, you need to at least talk to her! Or else this fight won't be resolved." Caitlyn insisted, falling back on the bed. I leant against the wall, rubbing the bridge of my nose.

"I know. I just don't know how to bring it up. Every time I try, I just remember what she said and it makes me so angry." I muttered.

"You have to put it aside. If you continue to let your emotions control you instead of controlling your emotions, nothing in your life will ever work out. I say that most endearingly, Y/n." Caitlyn smiled sincerely, propping herself on her elbows.

I sighed, rubbing my face. "You're right. Better now than never." I said, pushing myself off the wall.

"You're going to talk to her now?" Caitlyn asked, her eyebrows raised. I nodded grimly.

She shrugged her shoulders as if to say "Oh well." I chuckled dryly, exiting the room.

I went straight to the fighting arena, knowing Vi would be there.

I barged in, pausing at the door as I watched Vi remain unchanged to my presence. She absentmindedly did her pushups, her eyes trained on the cracks in the floor in front of her face.

I rolled my eyes, walking up in front of her. Vi stared at my shoes now in front of her eyes, still doing her pushups.

I groaned, annoyed now. But I remembered Caitlyn's words. Don't let your emotions control you.

I had an idea. I knelt down, lying on my back. I placed my face right under Vi's, smirking all the while.

Her focus drifted to my eyes for a moment, then my lips, before her gaze went blank and she continued her pushups. When Vi would come down, her lips were mere centimeters from my own.

"So I take it you're ready to talk?" Vi grunted, still rising and falling close to my face.

"Obviously. Or else I wouldn't be here." I snarked.

"Fine. Talk. Tell me exactly why I upset you." Vi gazed pointedly down at me.

"Are you sure? You want to hear it?" I asked tentatively, gazing at her deepest eyes and the curve of her nose, things I may not have noticed had she not been this close to me.

She grunted, nodding her head.

"You promise you'll hear me out?" I muttered, my eyes growing weary.

"Just for you." Vi mustered, grunting with effort.

I took a deep breath. "What you said...it hurt me because...." I paused, suddenly unsure. Vi raised an eyebrow at me, encouraging me to go on.

"It sounded like you didn't like who I am. You don't realize the harshness of your words, Vi." I treaded lightly, watching Vi's eyes as I spoke. Her irises softened, silently pleading me to keep talking, sympathizing.

I cleared my throat, continuing. I knew Vi would never be mad at me for simply speaking my feelings. I had to remember that she wasn't like that, like people who had claimed to love me in the past.

"People grow and change. Just because I'm different with a mask on or in front of crowds doesn't mean that's not me. It's all me. I'm not a stagnant person. I ebb and flow, and when you said you didn't like those parts of me, it just meant you don't like me. It... it hurt a lot, Vi. It made me feel insecure. That maybe, you didn't love me anymore. I know I'm not the same person you fell in love with when we were kids, but I can't do anything about that. The past few years have hardened me like steel. I'm sorry I can't be who you want me to be." I rambled off quickly, making sure I was heard. I felt tears prick my eyes, and I quickly looked away from Vi's rising and falling face.