YOURS FOREVER.

BTW, here's inspo for the dress:

Ik you have no idea what i'm talking about rn, but you'll see

Ik you have no idea what i'm talking about rn, but you'll see.*
————————
I slowly opened my eyes, adjusting to my surroundings. The suns rays had not yet peeked through the curtains. I felt beside me on the bed, reaching for Vi.

But she wasn't there.

I shot up, suddenly very awake.

"Vi?" I softly asked into the darkness.

"Here, Stranger." A voice said from the balcony.

I threw the covers off, shifting my leg off the bed. I never got used to how much effort that took, what with all the metal. I walked out onto the balcony, leaning on the railing next to Vi.

"Couldn't sleep?" I asked gently, my hand moving to hers. She intertwined our fingers together, looking down at my calloused, tattooed skin.

"Yeah." Vi muttered, her eyes deep in thought.

"Care to share?" I smiled softly at her, moving closer. Her arm was quick to rest on my waist, and I tucked my head into her neck.

"Just thinking. About Powder." Vi said into my hair.

I said nothing, gently tracing the ink on her forearm.

"I couldn't save her, Cupcake. What if I can't save you either?" Vi said, fear taking over her voice. "I'm losing everyone I love." She said sadly, her tears falling on my cheek. Her breath quickened, her tears falling faster now.

"It's a sad thing, isn't it? Loss." I stroked her arm, holding her hand tight with my other. I let her cry on me, sharing her same pain. Vi's hand gripped mine like death, her other hand wrapping itself around my torso.

"You won't lose me. Not now. Not ever. I'm going to fight as hard as I can, okay? Nothing will happen to me." I whispered, and Vi's arm tightened against my ribs.

"I love you, Vi. More than anything." I leaned back into her, tears threatening my eyes. I felt Vi nod, kissing my head. I quickly wiped her face, trying my best to muster a smile and relight her dull eyes.

Vi just stared blankly at my face for some long minutes, her forehead resting on mine as she calmed her rapidly rising and falling chest. I whispered sweet nothing into her lips, urging her to breathe as memories of years past wracked her hectic semblance.

Once she had calmed, Vi's body relaxed under my hands, and she just stayed against my forehead for a while. I listened to our synced breaths, the sound lulling me.

When Vi spoke, my eyes snapped open, her voice having quickly pulled my from my trance.

"Let's get married. I said all those years ago I would make you my wife. We don't have time to waste." Vi said. She pulled me away from her body, staring at my shocked eyes with her own enflamed ones. The drastic change from blue to stormy grey startled me.