Chapter 22

Kongpob was quietly eating his breakfast when he saw Arthit sat next to him, he kept the fork on his plate. It has been quite a while that they sat like this. Together. Honestly, he was missing all these small moments of them, he still remembered how they used to share small details of their each day, by all this they were growing more closer, but unfortunately not anymore. He started to wonder how they end up like this.

Can I change everything like it was before?

He stared deeply and searchingly into Arthit's eyes who was zoning out, actually Arthit was thinking from where to start the things he wanted to share.
Kongpob was still watching him, he doesn't know if he still trust him or not. He doesn't know whether Arthit still care for him or not. Last night he got a nightmare, he doesn't remember what happened exactly, but at the next moment he was sweating. Then he remembered how he faced this when his parents left him, when no one was there by his side. He was scared, frustrated, exhausted. He was feeling the same he felt few years ago.

Suddenly Arthit broke the silence bringing Kongpob back from his deep thoughts. "How are your studies going?" Somehow he started. Despite feeling irritation from his side. Arthit again asked the same question and of course it was irritating for Kongpob, but still he tried to calm himself.

"Good." He replied back, but his eyes stayed on the food, his tone sounded forced.
He didn't know that Arthit has only this one topic to talk now a days.

"You have to work hard Kong and find a job in one go." Arthit spoke watching him, his voice slightly trembled while speaking. As he finished Kongpob looked up to see Arthit.

He handles me as if I couldn't do anything.

"Arthit you are treating me like I am a kid. I am not a kid, I am an adult, you don't have to tell me something like this...you are making me feel like...I don't have my own brain. I know I am 3 years younger than you, but that doesn't mean that you have to tell all this. I am not frivolous, empty headed person. I know what to do and what not to..." Arthit heartbeats raised, he looked into his eyes. It only reflected frustration and annoyance, but he was saying all this because he was concerned, about him, about them, he was worried about his career, because he cares for him.

"Kongpob I say all this because I want you to study well I care.." Kongpob slammed his hands against the island and stood on his feet. Arthit eyes widened, seeing him like this.

"But I don't like it when I say this. It's not like I am saying something bad or it's not like I am telling you to do something wrong." Arthit eyes remained fixed with his while speaking.

"I don't like because I am not a child and I know I am dropped out student, but that doesn't mean I can't study anymore."

"What's wrong with you Kongpob? I never thought that, I just want you to study hard and find a job, that's it. I am not asking any expensive thing from you, am I?" He questioned him, the question was valid though.

"You are saying all this because you earn money and I am jobless that's why, am I right Arthit?"

"No...I never said that." Arthit defended himself as the things Kongpob was saying was not true. Not once this thought came into his mind. He doesn't know where all this was going but he was shocked how Kongpob was speaking. He never saw him like this before.

"Then say, all these days you were ignoring me, because now you must be tired of me. Have you found someone else with lots of money. Who is Tew?"  There was a hit of misgiving in his voice, the words that came out of his mouth, he didn't realised what he spoke in anger, but the time when he will realise it, he will curse himself. 

"KONGPOB." Arthit couldn't take it anymore. His voice raised, he lifted his hand..like he was about to slap him, but stopped in the middle. He was breathing heavily. Kongpob who was stunned by the sudden move was looking neutrally into his eyes.