Chapter 17

They both sat at the corner table. Not many costumers were present in the cafe. Kongpob looked at the old man. His eyes were heavily lidded and weighed down with wrinkled folds but was quite alert and reflected deep sadness. The wrinkles on his face told the most incredible journey. It showed that he has experience lots of things in his life and it was true, his father used to tell him how the old man struggled and faced challenges to be at this point and all this gave the man's face a strict expression. He heard from his father how strict he was.

He wore accurately ironed clothes, perfectly dressed, reflecting his status..
He never had a chance to meet him. He heard many things about him from his father. Honestly, when he was a kid he wanted to meet him and be like him, but as he grew up he started to understand everything.

Kongpob was still waiting for him to confess the purpose of his visit, actually at this time he doesn't know how he was feeling..he was angry about the way he behaved with his parents, but somewhere he was little happy to see the old man for the first time. He never saw him face to face and he can say that there are some similarities between them.

"How have you been?" His voice was deep and croaky that can scare people, but he wasn't afraid

"Do you care?" Kongpob asked coldly,
"Actually your question should be 'are you still alive?' by the way why did you come all of a sudden?" Old man's expression softened as he heard him speaking. He placed his arms on the table.

"To see you. I know you are angry upon me and it's fair, but I care for you." Kongpob laughed sarcastically.
"You don't have to work like this." He spoke looking around.

"Why do you care? All of a sudden you appeared from nowhere and telling me that you care to for me." Now Kongpob was feeling vulnerable hearing his reply he doesn't want to like this.

I am strong.

"Before your grandma passed away she took my promise to find our grandson and end the differences between us."
"I asked my men to searched for you, when they went to your home, they found that you are not living there..then they told me about this place. So I came to meet you here." Now the old man's face displayed sadness, but he recovered himself immediately,
"...and now that house is in my possession, as I know my son purchased that with great efforts and let me tell you, you can go there anytime you want."
All the things he heard was shocking about grandma, about the house. His mouth left open as if he wanted to say something but nothing coming out. At this point he wanted to cry, how will he be able to take all this?

"You don't have to work here. You can look after one of our factories." His thoughts interrupted,

"First let me clear one thing I don't need your pity and second..."
"Our? What does that mean? A person who never accepted my parents is saying the words our..." His voice started  cracking,
"It was never our you never seen us as your own family. Where were you all the time?"

"Who told you I never accepted them. When you were born I kept all the conflicts aside and accepted them and called them back, but they didn't agree. They said that they will live the life they were living."
Kongpob was dumbfounded with this new information, his father never talked anything about this.
"I know I was strict, but I loved my this son like my other children and I was happy when I came to know that you were born because you are my eldest grandson, but he didn't allow me to see you." Old man was trembling, his eyes looked sad but not a single tear fell from his eyes...now Kongpob's heart was softening,
"Now I am happy to see you. My grandson Kongpob."

Kongpob started speaking with a low bass tone of voice,"you will not be able to accept me too like my father because I..."

"What will you choose between my offer and your boyfriend?" Kongpob eyes widened, he curled his fists at his sides...trying to keep himself cool.