Chapter 8

"Where the hell were you on this earth Kong?" Aim crossed his arms over his chest,
Two best friends sat in the bleachers. Sun was on them, Aim was furiously staring at him, even though his friend was angry, he was extremely happy to meet his best friend after a long time.
"I searched you dude, where did you go without telling us? Speak fast otherwise another punch will land on your face." Kongpob looked at the angry face. He knows that the anger was obvious because he literally cut off all the contacts with him...

"I...am sorry." Aim let out a harsh breath before rolling his eyes,

"Like seriously, you are saying sorry..I don't want your sorry, I want answers. Now shoot!" Aim shook Kongpob's shoulder, now his patience was running out.

"From where should I start Aim. My life was all mess." His fingers ran through his hair as he remembered those days.

"Idiot! Just tell me the whole story. You cut off all the contact with me and our whole group...damn! You didn't even leave any way to reach to you."
Kong took a long breath before starting, he told him everything happened last year, reminding those scenes again and again was not easy but his friend deserves an answer.

When he finished, he could see how Aim's expression changed. He saw a glint of sadness in his eyes. He was speechless for few seconds.
"Oh my god! Uncle! I'm sorry to hear that, I never thought that this would be the reason, that was so sudden." He hugged, patted on his shoulder to comfort him. When he pulled away and glanced at him, his eyes were tight and worried.

"It's ok Aim. Now I am fine. Life keeps going, I miss them everyday though."
Kongpob spoke giving him a reassuring smile.

"I hope you are fine. Why Kong, you didn't feel like calling us for once or atleast you should have told me...you went through all this alone."

"I didn't want to bother you. I didn't want all of you to pity me. I didn't.."

"Shut your mouth, just shut up. Bother? We are best friends Kong."
"We are not just best friends, we are family. I was there with you when your mom passed away, did you already forget that? And you are talking about the words like pity and bother. Wow! Great, just great..I don't know what to say anymore."
Aim shook his head before he looked away,

"I will never forget that Aim."
"I am sorry."

"I think you should be." There was a silence for few seconds before Aim continued,
"By the way...I know you very well, you don't like anyone invading your privacy. You always loved to be alone, but now what happened? What's up with that stranger?" Aim brows raised questioningly.

"He is not a stranger Aim..we are friends, like I told you earlier he helped me a lot...in everything."

"Hearing this, I guess you know that's what friends are for, right?"

"Aim please forgive me. I am sorry. I apologize. I will not behave like this again. Please understand me."

"Better remember what you said just now and...I forgive you."

"Thankyou so much." He grinned broadly. He is so fortunate to have a bestfriend like Aim.

"But..what's the reason behind it.. means he is helping you? And why in this world he gave you a spare key..? I still can't believe, I think he trust you too much to do that." Suddenly Aim spoke, throwing Kongpob into a deep thought.
He knows everything happening has some or the other reason behind it, likewise, there must be a reason behind this too and he needs to find out.

"Hey how did you know that I joined...?" He asked without any eye contact, he purposely changed the topic, he himself doesn't have a good answer for that, sometimes he still ask himself the same question.