Chapter 84 - Dat Some Shit

Start from the beginning

We have four months to stop whatever the hell they are planning.

Fuck. That's more than expected, yes, but that's still not a lot of time to prepare. Four months to gather as many heroes as possible. Four months to gather information. Four months to come up with a plan. Four months for preparation against a possible war. With all that in mind, there isn't a lot of time to waste.

"Explain," Endeavor requests, paying attention to me without spite for once.

I think of a way to summarize it before spilling, "The liberation army formed when Deika City fell. It's a combination of the Meta Liberation, led by Re Destro, and the League of Villains, lead by Shigaraki. I can not tell you why they met, but they fought, and Shigaraki won. Re Destro was so impressed that he gave over 100,000 members along with resources and money to Shigaraki, which gives him much more power than he had, obviously. Simply put, we're expecting a war because those members are trained well."

Endeavor's facial expression is neutral, but I can tell he is thinking, "It that why they restarted the Work Studies?"

"Yes. There is not enough heroes to fight that number when most of those members are trained the ins and outs of their quirks. The students are insurance."

"Why hasn't this been told to the other heroes yet? This is important information we should be aware of."

"Because there are some heroes part of the group. Hawks is currently working on figuring out the heroes that are. It's not a large number, but it only takes a couple to fuck shit up."

Endeavor nods, thinking to himself for a moment before standing up, "Let's go, Midoriya."

"Okay?" I was expecting more from the man, but alright. I guess that's all he needs. I am more of someone that wants way more information, especially if my son is being involved as insurance, but maybe he already has an idea?

I don't know, and I rather not question it. I have enough issues with the world, and I don't need the old man adding more to it. Shouta would not approve.

We end up approaching Bakugo and Shoto, and I join their side since I am technically still a student.

"I will train with you three," Endeavor starts, "But first, Midoriya and Bakugo, tell me about yourselves."

Bakugo tuts, "I want to see what I can't do. That's what I came here to find out. I came to find what I still need in order to surpass the number one hero." I mean, I could have told him that and saved us all this time, but he can take the hard way. His life, not mine.

Endeavor simply nods, facing me, "And you?"

"Oh, I'm just here to bully you and prove that I can work alongside you!" I announce with a grin. Unlike before our conversation, Endeavor doesn't seem overly mad about it. He isn't happy about it, sure, but it doesn't look like he is about to burn my face off at any moment. He just sighs.

"I will train you three to become heroes. Let's go-"

Shoto cuts him off, "And what about me?" And I oop.

Endeavor looks back at Shoto with wide eyes, "You're just here to learn flash fire, aren't you?!" Shoto looks away from Endeavor and at his hands as he starts using his quirk.

"I poured all the training you beat into me as a kid strengthening my right side. I focused on perfecting my ice. Now that I look back on it, I see that my hatred of you was holding me back in some ways. After entering UA and spending time with these guys, competing and fighting, my eyes were opened. Endeavor, I now realize. I'm gonna do exactly what you wanted me to," Shoto faces Endeavor, "But I want you to know this: the prove I've always admired is the person I watched on TV while sitting beside Mom. I came here wanting to learn, so that I'm someone worthy of becoming a hero. This is my choice, not yours. The only reason I came to this place is to use you. I came because it's beneficial for me, number one. Don't pretend to be a caring parent in front of my friends."