Chapter 23 - Coordinates and a new kind of feeling

Start from the beginning

(P/N) took a seat on my shoulder as we made our way to Labrador Street.
It was quite a nice day, actually. The sun shone brightly in the pale blue sky.

Before I even knew it, I spotted a familiar figure down the street. Haddock. I called out his name and waved. The captain looked around him until he found where I was.

We met up at the front door of Tintin's apartment. I knocked on the door and just like last time, Mrs. Flinch answered the door. "Good day, Mrs. Flinch. We're here to see Tintin." I greeted.

"Oh, hello (Y/N). I'm sorry, but Tintin isn't here at the moment. He left about twenty minutes ago." She explained to us. I frowned surprised. "Alright, well... Thank you, Mrs. Flinch."

I turned away from the door to Haddock, who seen equally confused. Where could he have gone of too?

Just at that moment I heard a horn from down the street. The captain and myself turned to the source of the noise.
There was Tintin, driving a dark green Triumph TR3 A. Snowy happily enjoying the wind in his fur, his tongue hanging out. The car slowed down and stopped a little further from where we stood.

 The car slowed down and stopped a little further from where we stood

"Hello (Y/N), Captain. Sorry I'm a little later, I arranged to rent a car. That way we can get to the coordinates easier." Tintin said, stepping out of the vehicle and over to where we stood.

I think our expressions said enough. The captain being the first to speak up. "Well then, that are we waiting for standing around here? Let's find that treasure!" Haddock said full excitement. He ran to the other side, taking a seat in the passengers seat in the front.

Tintin chuckled, sending a smile my way which I returned. The captain sure was pumped.

"You look beautiful, (Y/N)." Tintin said softly, almost like a whisper.
I faced him, thinking my ears were deceiving me. He smiled at me, his cheeks a little more red than usual. I wanted to answer, but when I opened my mouth, no sound came out. Like I had forgotten how to speak.

"I-I- uhm-" I stuttered, falling over my words. No doubt in my mind that my cheeks were on fire.

"Come on, you love birds! Let's get going!" The captain shouted from the front seat.

Resulting in the two of us blushing crimson. I climbing into the back, Tintin offering me his hand so I wouldn't accidently trip. He then pushed the front seat back again and got in himself.

I made sure to remain in the middle so that Snowy could look out from the side.

And off we were.

-Time Skip-

We had been on the road for a while now turning down a few streets from time to time. The car now currently driving on a dirt road.
I was getting a little excited myself, my mind wondering where Sir Francis would have come up with to hidden the secret treasure.

The sounds of seagulls filling the air around us. The wind created from the speed the car was going at, pushing its way through everyone's hair.
"Almost there, Mr. Tintin." Haddock yelled, adjusting his maritime sextant telescope. "A nudge to starboard should to it."

"Are you sure we're on course?" I asked the captain, leaning forward between the front seats. "Trust me, lassie." Haddock spoke with a laugh. His eyes still glued to the road up ahead with his hand on his side. "I know these coordinates like the back of my hand."
He looked back into his maritime sextant telescope, presumably readjusting it. "Starboard! Quickly! Quickly!!" He yelled out not a second later.

Tintin glancing up to the captain for a moment before his eyes returned to the road and the tall bushes on the right. What did he mean, starboard? The road was only going straight?!
"Aye, Captain, starboard it is!" Tintin replied, yanking the steering-wheel to the right. We all braced ourselves as the car pierced itself a path through the bushes and onto a grass field. The Captain holding on tightly to the windshield to regain his balance. We drove on like this for a minute or so before it came out across an all too familiar estate.
"All stop!" Haddock shouted. Tintin stopping the car by the staircase that lead to the double door up front.

All of us remained silent as we took in the giant mansion before us.
"Marlinspike Hall..." I head the captain mumble in aw. Tintin and myself quietly observing the house. "Those coordinates lead here. And this is where Sir Francis hid it?" Tintin ended in confusion.
It indeed made no sense.

"I thought the treasure went down with the ship?" I asked, Tintin and I turning to Haddock to see if he understood anything of what was happening.
I head the doors open, Nestor revealing himself in the doorway. "Master Haddock, Mr. Tintin, Mrs. (Y/N). I've been expecting you."

We all stepped out of the car. Tintin, just like before, offering me his hand as I got out.

"Thank you." I said a little shy. My cheeks probably dusted in a pink colour.
I realised his hand was still holding mine. I couldn't help but somehow miss I when he let go. "Let's head inside." Tintin said, his eyes not meeting my own since he turned to the spot where Haddock and Nestor had already entered.