"Yibo..."

"Please let me finish. Don't stop yourself because of me, I'll never leave you alone on my will but if something happens...mom is still too young and charming. I won't be selfish son, I know best that you deserve all happiness mom"

"This silly brat" she laughs and gently slaps Yibo's cheek "worry about your own private life, I'm still waiting to meet your girlfriend. Wonder who she is, even causing your nightmares?"

"What if, it isn't her but..."

"what are you trying to say?"

"nothing mom" Yibo shakes his head and leaves bed "sorry and thanks for everything"

"let's eat something before going to work, ok?" she messes Yibo's hair and goes out. detective looks into mirror and holds his chest, remembering him...his missed warmth. grieve and anger hurts him at the same time, thinking how could Sean just give him away to Zhan? like useless thing, like...

"if that is so, I'll forget you too. I'll remove you from my heart too. farewell Sean Xiao"

*****

Yibo searches for Ming and finds him literally buried into documents. Detective looks sleepless and overly tired as his eyes red and swollen. Yibo places hot coffee on the table and pats his back

"Having hard time?"

"You're here little drama king" he smiles and messes Yibo's hair "it's all about principles"

"What did you just call me?"

"Why? Not suitable? You're always overly dramatic and emotional, like now...did you cry?"

"just couldn't sleep well last night, nothing important. what about you? still working on the same case?"

"yes, although I'm not allowed to anymore. if they find the killer...I don't envy him Yibo"

"what is so special about him?"

"let me explain. there is some kind of circle, which contains five members. all of them spoiled brats from elite families. let's start from lowest, Mike who got drugged and is bedridden now. next is our victim who got killed in the hotel room. I'll skip next two and will move to main one, son of our general prosecutor...Peng Xu Kai. a little older than you, 25 years old and overly arrogant. with beautiful face but his soul is dark as night I'm sure"

"I get it now, so main reason is that daddy's boy"

"right. it seems like someone goes after them all and prosecutor fears next victim may be his son"

"you think this is serial killer case? revenge game? suspect is surely very smart one, having ability to go through all guards and still harm them"

"this is exactly why I'm too curious and still following the case. if you join hands with me" Ming winks at him and lowly says "it will help your promotion"

"have faith in me but I have something to..." Yibo can't finish as newbie walks towards them and bows with respect. Ming moves attention to him and Yibo gets ready for receiving information