Warmth

Yibo turns the key and checks on Sean before opening the door. later one slightly nods and walks in, looking around with curiosity. Yibo stops at the door and awkwardly coughs, thinking what to do. Sean still looks on the edge of fainting, his eyes red and swollen from crying. detective knows that something too serious happened, but doesn't dare to ask. why bother? he won't be honest as always

"are you feeling better now? maybe need some medicine?"

"Are you sure that no one followed us?"

"Mn, I checked it few times. Why? Are you running away from him? Did that bastard hurt you because of me?" Yibo finally moves forward and is about to touch him, but Sean shakes his head and takes step back

"I'm ok"

"since when are you suffering from asthma? is it serious?"

"usually it doesn't affect my life, only very strong stress can cause asthma attacks"

"don't you dare to say that again, to ask..."

"I'm sorry"

"rest at first and we can talk later, if you're willing of course"

"By the way, what is this place? did you have another flat too?"

"Hmm. it can be called common flat of friends? we're having some fun here during our academy years. But of course doing it separately"

"using for one night stands right? Were you popular boy? How many did you..." Sean locks eyes with him and Yibo feels his face burning "I see, you're spending time wisely"

"why do you sound this jealous? I didn't know you back then, should I save my virginity for you?"

"it's only you who thinks so"

"what?"

"if you knew me already? then what?"

"maybe things were going to be different? both being students with less life burdens? maybe we could give our love more chance? that day when I met Zhan, I know you were there too. if I follow him back, if I ask for your number"

"if...if is most painful word ever Yibo. but I think we're never meant to be. that day when we almost met, was last happy one in my life. since then I was thrown into tormenting hell and it can't be change anymore"

"Sean" Yibo walks closer and hesitantly holds Sean's hand, deeply looking into his eyes "do you know what is hardest for me? I can't get when you're honest and when you're lying. you look at me with this pure, beautiful eyes now, filled with pain. when you do this my heart aches, I get madly desire to take you away, to hide and protect you from everyone. to cover you with my body, anytime someone tries to hurt you. at times like this my love becomes even stronger, I'm ready to kill, to die for you. I know I sound too silly now, maybe you think that I'm stupid young boy but...this is what my heart feels and I can't hide in anymore"

"Yibo, please stop"

"you keep giving me hope, I start thinking that you're opening for me and we're getting closer. when next day comes and you erase our progress again, making me think it was all my imagination. do you know? just few hours ago I thought about you as murderer. I asked myself, what do you prefer Yibo? taking all blame on you or the man you love being guilty? no, I better lose myself than you"