Next one

Yibo hardly awakes from the daze because medicine effect and slowly sits up on the bed. someone keeps knocking on the door and detective frowns, as he has no will to see anyone. mom checks him with worrying expression when door opens and pets Yibo's hair

"are you ok? I was scared you would act like that time"

"mn, I'm ok" Yibo mumbles and leans at the wall "do you need something mom?"

"how many pills did you take? you need to face reality Yibo, things like this will keep happening you know"

"I just need some time, can you leave me alone?"

"someone is here to see you" mom moves away and Yibo's eyes widens noticing man standing behind her. guest smiles widely and hides stained hands into pocket. his hair and clothes looks messy, giving impression of person who just woke up "is he your friend? very adorable"

"old, very old friend. isn't that right good boy?"

"Mn" Yibo still can't realize is this reality or just dream "why are you here...Zhan?"

"It's been long since we last met, I was missing you" Zhan walks into his room without invitation and sits down on the bed. Yibo smiles at his mom and closes the door behind, turning to the Zhan. there is weird feelings filling his mind, but Yibo is too exhausted to make any decision. detective takes wet wipers from the shelf and gently holds Zhan's wrist, as he shivers on the touch.

"you're cold"

"this happens when you're drained from emotions"

"that is why I came here, to share my warmth"

"you're such a messy painter, aren't you?" Yibo asks with soft tone and keeps Zhan's hands between his huge palms after done cleaning "somehow Sean always disappears after we experience something stressful and you show up to comfort me. I'm starting to get it all. you're just shield he uses right?"

"I don't understand what are you talking about"

"do you mind taking your shirt off?" Yibo grabs his collar and pulls Zhan closer "if there is no wound on your chest I'm apologizing and believing everything you say, but..."

"if there is?"

"I don't know. I'm just scared, I'm scared to death" Yibo's hands falls down along his body and Zhan manages to take him into his arms "I can already guess what is going to happen and it scares me. think I already know the truth, but prefer to stay in the darkness. I'll trust you, I'll trust you both"

"let me see" Zhan holds his chin and bends down, touching Yibo's forehead with his lips "you're burning, I'll bring the medicine"

"no need, just stay with me" Yibo cuddles at him more and low whimper which escapes from Zhan makes him more sure "you're best medicine I can ever get. so soft and warm"

"I think you're hallucinating because of fever, I'm not the one you love good boy"

"I promised to bring him home alive, but his poor mother...she could only hold her child's lifeless body. she was desperately trying to warm him, but Chen was cold like ice. every time I try to sleep he appears in my dreams and blames me for his death. that pain and disappointment in his eyes gonna haunt me to my death. that man...I'm so ready to kill him with my own hands"