Chapter 29, Eleanor

I watch as Orson shoves Adan away from him with a glare then he turns to face me with a more relaxed face. "Eleanor-"

"Don't spare me any details, this is about me isn't it?" 

I peer my eyes at Orson as I see him physically tense at my words and that's when my suspicions were right, what I had overheard Adan say to Orson was about me.

Here I was, waking to Orson's office to ask if he wanted to get lunch with me, something I thought I would never do to my kidnapper, only to overhear them both yelling at each other, with a lot of growling, I was going to leave since it definitely felt wrong listening to whatever they were arguing about.

The moment I heard my name, I decided to stay and listen, then things got scarier the moment Orson's tone changed towards Adan, even though it wasn't directed at me, I felt fear at that moment.

So I opened the door and stopped Orson from killing Adan.

They now both stand in silence, none of them are saying anything which only adds to my annoyance, if it's about me then why the hell shouldn't I know what is actually going on?

"Am I in danger here?"

Orson perks up and steps forward towards me with a frown on his face as he looks at me. "No- fuck Eleanor, it's nothing like that, I will sort this problem- my problem!" He stresses.

He goes to try and touch me but I shrug him off and move my eyes from Orson to Adan who frowns at Orson's words.

If Orson won't tell me, Adan will, he might not like me and I might not like him but he's the only one who looks bothered by this, besides me. "Adan-"

Orson growls and Adan rolls his eyes. "Tell her Orson, if you won't I will." 

Tell me what?

What the hell is going on! "Orson?" 

Orson grips his hair tightly and bites his lip hard I actually see blood, theirs is a silence then Adan moves from the corner of the room and walked past me, giving me a side glance as he walks through the door and shuts it behind him gently until I hear the door 'click'.

I snap my eyes to Orson and noticed he's moved to behind his desk and he's grabbing some papers in his hand from a draw under his desk.

"I wanted to keep this from you Eleanor, I'm fixing it." He says quietly.

He walks to me and hands me the papers with an expressionless face. 

I find a seat to sit down and then I look through the papers with a frown, noticing that I don't understand a single word written on these pages, it's in Orson's language, but I do notice that it looks like some sort of contract, from the way it's printed.

"What is this?" I ask, holding the paper out to Orson.

He sighs and sits down next to me, grabbing the paper from my hand he sits back in the seat and growls lowly with a fierce look on his face. "A contract from a long time ago."

I stay quiet and let him continue. "It was a few years ago, I was trying to find ways to increase my ports shipments to increase trading in my area, it wasn't like it is today, my people were struggling to feed their families before I took over as Alpha."

He crumbles the piece of paper in his hand and snarls. "I went to a Lord I thought could help, and he could- on one condition." He spits out.

I furrow my brows. "What condition?" I ask.

Orson sighs and looks at me with a look I can't place... disgust? Regret? "To marry his daughter."

....What? "Like... marry as in wife and husband?"